Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hypo clearing agent
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Hypo clearing agent Reply with quote

Is it the same as the wetting agent, or a different thing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely different. It speeds the washing process by increasing the solubility of silver-hypo complex salts. Used between fix and washing, usually preceded by a rinse.

Wetting agent is just a detergent, to prevent droplets from forming.

Sevo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is different from hypo elimator again.

But if you are not using double (or triple) weight baryta paper there would not be a great need for it, and for film, a stabilizer like Sistan would be good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I still have a lot to learn Rolling Eyes
I told the teachers at the course that we would need a specialization course Rolling Eyes

thanks!
Are there several brands for hypo clearing agent, or just kodak?
Second question, what does the stabilizer do?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
OK, I still have a lot to learn Rolling Eyes
I told the teachers at the course that we would need a specialization course Rolling Eyes

thanks!
Are there several brands for hypo clearing agent, or just kodak?
Second question, what does the stabilizer do?

Several/many brands. They are probably all basically the same.

Stabilizer is for colour. It's a mix of a dozen drops of Photoflow (wetting agent) and a teaspoon of Formaldehyde (37%) in a litre of water.

It is heartwarming that there remains so much darkroom knowledge on this forum. We are lucky bunnies indeed Very Happy In fact, it amazes me the knowledge about any subject here Very Happy

So, who can tell me which camshaft I need for the old Volvo 940 SE Turbo Laughing Laughing Laughing