Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Something strange with Planar 1.4/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Something strange with Planar 1.4/50 Reply with quote

I have noticed that something strange happens with my Planar 1.4/50.
With the old type of adapters for EOS I never had problems.
With the new adapters for EOS, if I wear them on the lens and operate the lens alone, no problem, but when I mount the lens on any EOS camera, the aperture seems to be stuck wide open.
Any idea of what may cause that?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Contax lenses well. The only thing I can imagine is that some mechanism in the lens is blocked by the new adapter. Question Question

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you study the inside of the adapter where the lense mounts to see if their is a difference between the old and new?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this happen with a AF chipped adapter?

It happend to me, that the aperture lever was blocked by the glued chip on the adapter. Crying or Very sad
Have a look at it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the old adapter to compare. It did not lock the lenses well, it was dangerous, I threw it in the bin.
I have one chipless adapter too, of the same type of those with the chip. The chip it not what makes the difference. The aperture is stuck with the chipless one, too.
Yes it must be something that prevents the aperture lever to move... but what? And why all my other Contax lenses including the 1.7/50 don't have this problem, only the 1.4/50 ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, my problem was the chip, blocking the lever.
Another possibility is that the aperture lever is touching your mirror housing. Are there some scratch marks?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my camera it works without any problem... using the Big-is adapter.

It's very extrange...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio - on what EOS are you using this?

I use my Contax 50mm f1.4 (MM) and the 50mm f1.7 (AE) on my EOS 1-n RS (obviously full frame EF mount) with no problems - I too had the non locking adapter before (nearly cost me the lens falling off then the camera whilst attempting to catch lens..)

I use this one:

Click here to see on Ebay

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three Canon cameras (5D 50D 5DMkII) and all of them have this problem with the Planar 1.4/50

I also use Big Is adapters

Thanks for the link to the DVDTechnikk adapter, I'll buy one and see what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!

Please tell me how you get on,

Doug.

Orio wrote:
I have three Canon cameras (5D 50D 5DMkII) and all of them have this problem with the Planar 1.4/50

I also use Big Is adapters

Thanks for the link to the DVDTechnikk adapter, I'll buy one and see what happens.