Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Palio: the parade
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Palio: the parade Reply with quote

You can browse the images one by one (middle arrow) or as a slideshow (right arrow/stop) - at your choice:

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/ss2009parata_jpg/index.html

Images taken on 50D and 5DMkII with lenses Planar 1.4/85, Planar 2/135 and Distagon 1.4/35.
If you are curious about what lens on which image, please ask Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! that's the best series! too many diamonds to list
at the end, what aperture did you used with distagon 35 ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, very nice.

The one that attracted me most was the lady with braided hair in the center of the pic.

Cheers.

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/ss2009parata_jpg/slides/49_5D%20Mark%20II_IMG_6907.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
wow! that's the best series! too many diamonds to list
at the end, what aperture did you used with distagon 35 ?

Thanks!
If you mean the last picture of this series, it was taken with the Planar 85.
Otherwise, please let me know which picture you mean.

In general, I have shot the 1.4/35 at around f/5.6 or f/8 with sunlight and at around f/2.8 with lamplights, with exceptions of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
As usual, very nice.
The one that attracted me most was the lady with braided hair in the center of the pic.
Cheers.
http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/ss2009parata_jpg/slides/49_5D%20Mark%20II_IMG_6907.html

hehe... you made my same choice it seems! Smile I am going to submit this one to the photo contest. Immediately as I saw those pins in her hair, they reminded me of those big nails you sometimes see in the old streets to mark pedestrian passage or things like that. So I immediately moved behind her to take this photo of her parallel to the road. I had to shoot several pictures until I got one well aligned and without too many nasty people in the way. I hope that the judges will catch the analogy! Very Happy

(btw she wasn't a lady really, she was very young)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last photos, there with the theatrical lightning are wonderful, all the shots are perfect but I like last ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
bawang wrote:
As usual, very nice.
Cheers.

hehe... you made my same choice it seems! Smile I am going to submit this one to the photo contest. Immediately as I saw those pins in her hair, they reminded me of those big nails you sometimes see in the old streets to mark pedestrian passage or things like that. So I immediately moved behind her to take this photo of her parallel to the road. I had to shoot several pictures until I got one well aligned and without too many nasty people in the way. I hope that the judges will catch the analogy! Very Happy

(btw she wasn't a lady really, she was very young)

Good luck Orio.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, this is photography, great humans, great scarlets and yellows. I'd say the lenses are the best, though I'm sure I'd muck the photos up through shake and lack of focus... so it's gotta be the photographer is equal to the tools.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, too many diamonds to select from, but, the very last shot is something else, the torch illuminating the bearer's face. I would have
selected that one for one of the three.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

You really are a master at these "atmospheric" series. Each shot tells a story. Of course, the girl with pigtails is a stunner

patrickh