Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei Redbird
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Rollei Redbird Reply with quote

http://macodirect.de/rollei-redbird-13536br20-filme-p-1625.html?language=en

What do you think of this?
Seems pretty pointless to me... but maybe there are applications for it that escape my imagination...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd seen some on flickr, yes, a gimmic, but a good one: the lomos and holgas and toys and antiques keep interest going... the defects we tried to get rid of when film was the only thing in town now become things sought out.

BTW - I see Holga's got a couple of pinhole models, including a panoramic 120 film model... and a 120 TLR Rolling Eyes I'm actually sort of interested in the panorama model.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me of a story:

A professional photographer who also taught photography told his students to expose Tri-X at ISO 100; a friend who was present said it was not right, but the teacher said he never got Tri-X to be any faster for many years. After discussing sensitometry etc for hours, the friend said he wanted to see his negatives. Of course, the professional always loaded his DDS with sheet film the wrong way round.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:

A professional photographer who also taught photography told his students to expose Tri-X at ISO 100; a friend who was present said it was not right, but the teacher said he never got Tri-X to be any faster for many years. After discussing sensitometry etc for hours, the friend said he wanted to see his negatives. Of course, the professional always loaded his DDS with sheet film the wrong way round.

Nice story, but hardly true - the backing on b&w sheet film is quite opaque and accounts for much more than a mere 2 stops of attenuation. Besides, Tri-X sheet is not supposed to be faster than 320 ASA. Developed with fine-grain developer to low Gamma (for point light heads) I always found even 200 euphemistic. Depending on personal measuring quirks (which may require a EV or two compensation to either side) ISO 100 is well within the expected range.