Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I need quick advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: I need quick advice Reply with quote

I have 30 minutes to decide if i want to buy this lens: PORST AUTO D TELE 3,5/135 mm
here - see photos

I saw here on the forum photos from such lens but from the "brighter" version. If only difference is the minimal aperture then i'll take it but if the construction is very different?
Please help!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy it, it is less then $20 including shipping, not bad for 135mm lens and I think this lens is sharper then average one

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voytek, thanks for the advice but the auction is already ... off.
I've bought MC JUPITER - 37 A 3,5/ 135 and now i'm wondering how to block the aperture "pin" if any (no such thing in Tair 3S but i've got this thing blocked in my Helios when i bought it).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReiLord wrote:
I've bought MC JUPITER - 37 A 3,5/ 135 and now i'm wondering how to block the aperture "pin" if any (no such thing in Tair 3S but i've got this thing blocked in my Helios when i bought it).

i would say, finally you chose the better one! how much did you pay?

with most of the lenses it is very easy to expand this pin. this has the advantage that you can easily put it back if you want to sell it one day. i dont like glueing something on my lenses! the other way is, to use adapters with that flange for the pin. i only use these adapters and so i dont have to think about these pins.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReiLord wrote:

Congrats!

It was lot better idea than Revuenon!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also in my opinion Jupiter is better choice even if you paid double or triple price of porst.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pin on the J-37 Smile
Enjoy your lens, it is the absolute best bargain on manual lenses for price/performance ratio.
I have some expensive 135mm lenses but the J-37 is always staying with me Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The seller confirmed that there's no aperture pin - yeah!!!
An the greatest is the price: 14 EUR! I think it's great.
I'd suspicious but this seller is 100% positive feedback seller so i'm quite sure that i have no reason tobe scared. Here're the photos:
HERE
The condition isn't very shiny and beautiful but as You said Attila - better scratched than anything or new sh*t Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 EUR is not bad or especially suspicious.. I got a J-37A and Helios-44-2 for $10.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw many Jupiters 37AM for 50-80 EUR.
My Helios MC 44-6 was for 20 EUR.
I can't wait to get this Jupiter in my hands Smile