Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-12
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-12 Reply with quote

I made a film roll with Jupiter-12 (35mm f/2.8 Contax-Kiev mount).
I wanted to test the bokeh of this lens, so all pictures are wide open or almost:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say..I like it. The motive, bokeh and the film gives me a feeling of the 1950-60.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, great lens indeed!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The curvature of the cat shows just how linear the J-12 is. Shocked Excellent results... I have to dig mine out and put it back on the Fed where it belongs...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice scans, plenty of 3D! is the durst enlarger ready for duty

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice scans, plenty of 3D! is the durst enlarger ready for duty

Absolute 3D effect! Superb.

tf

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I look at that cat photo, the more I think of the DeCative Moment and Henry Cat-ier-Bresson. Very Happy Truly classic. Get that enlarger going and this should make an excellent print.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are superb. I mean that in the way that it shows how good the lens is, but more important they are really great photos. They feel very timeless, they could have been taken any time since photography was invented. I like that a lot, it makes you think about what you are seeing. Anything that gets my brain working gets my vote Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Orio, you answered the question of the boke - it is very livable. And of course your eye gives us these evocative shots reminding us of days gone by.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you my friends!

@ poilu: the enlarger has arrived, but I detected a broken tooth in the "cremagliera" (?) ring inside the handle mechanism block. So I took out the part and mailed it to the seller. He will replace it.

I can not print the cat picture on B&W paper unfortunately. It is a conversion from colour film. I would love to print it but in the past both I here (with my Epson scanner) and the photo lab have made terrible digital B&W prints. So I am a bit disencouraged about it. Confused