Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic annouced LUMIX-Adapters for Leica-M and Leica-R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Panasonic annouced LUMIX-Adapters for Leica-M and Leica-R Reply with quote

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0905/09052101panasonicadaptors.asp

Clever move I would say...

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the G1 a x2 multiplication factor?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosina had earlier launched an adapter for LM/VM lenses:

Japanese
[url=http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigt/acce/adapter/mfta.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=Shift_JIS]English (auto translated)[/url]

The forum software seems to not treat the longish google translate link as being a link

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Orio wrote:

Yes.

Ah, that is unfortunate.
Much of the character of lenses is in the way the image changes from the centre to the edges. See the Helios-40 for instance.
A 1.6 crop is already brutal, but at least you can see not only the centre but also part of the peripheral area. This gives at least an idea of how the lens might work in peripheral areas.
With 2x you really have only the centre in the field and nothing else.
In addition to the fact that the smaller size increases the relative DOF.
All this will change the perception of the OOF transitions.

I mean, to have a great rangefinder lens of 35mm focal lenght would mean have it become a 70mm lens on this camera. The character and purpose of the lens are completely betrayed. I think, in my opinion, until digital rangefinders in the affordable range will reach at least a x1.5 enlargement factor, it is better to stay with good film and keep enjoying full frame.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:
Orio wrote:

Yes.

Ah, that is unfortunate.
Much of the character of lenses is in the way the image changes from the centre to the edges. See the Helios-40 for instance.
A 1.6 crop is already brutal, but at least you can see not only the centre but also part of the peripheral area. This gives at least an idea of how the lens might work in peripheral areas.
With 2x you really have only the centre in the field and nothing else.
In addition to the fact that the smaller size increases the relative DOF.
All this will change the perception of the OOF transitions.

I mean, to have a great rangefinder lens of 35mm focal lenght would mean have it become a 70mm lens on this camera. The character and purpose of the lens are completely betrayed. I think, in my opinion, until digital rangefinders in the affordable range will reach at least a x1.5 enlargement factor, it is better to stay with good film and keep enjoying full frame.

Like Olympus 4/3 cameras, but!! adapter has plenty of place to mount Konica, Minolta MD lenses without modification! I will buy this camera about this reason I able to mount on it everything Canon FD, Konica etc...

and If I need full frame I will use film.