Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Am I missing something here? - Tessar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Am I missing something here? - Tessar Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

When did a common tessar ever become this desirable?

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I missing something here? - Tessar Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay

When did a common tessar ever become this desirable?

~Marc

Marketing. Alas ebay has become responsible for a lot of people parting with a lot of money for things that just ain't worth the price. Couple that with the world being full of incredibly stupid people, and this is the result. Let's face it, the Tessar is a perfectly good lens, but it ain't what you'd call spectacular.

Right, better get my marketing head on and see if I can talk this Industar 50 rare original Alumium body, really rare, did I mention it's rare? Better than a tessar and more rare. It's so rare, it's rarer than a Tessar, and the picture quality is so good, it's rarely seen. Did I mention how rare it is? And I am a keen amateur photogcrapper, so i really know what I'm talking about - that alone is rare. Buy it now for the very rare price of only one-hundred-and-ninedy-nine-ninedy-ninedy-ninedy-nine... don't be square, be rare! Don't forget, this is the really rare aluminium one that's better than a Tessar and only shipped on 15 million Zenits, this sucker is rare.......

They walk among us Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess only: when 2 buyers with almost zero experience try to get something which is described by seller as a very desirable item

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek is right, the high bidder have 0 bid and probably think he will buy a Zeiss but he will receive a Jena

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't that a Howlin Wolf song? "I asked her for Zeiss, but she bought me Jena-line..."

Last edited by Nesster on Tue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculous!!!
I've sold mine for just 45 usd, everything inc...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine came with a mint Praktica TL1000 and a Tamron 24mm for the enormous amount of 25€ ...

Newbies have to learn the hard way, I guess.

Or the high bidder is a friend of the seller just there to artificially raise the bidding amount.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the seller also has a low eBay transaction record, perhaps out and out shilling ?

Question

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems .... nice seller...

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tessar is now word for quality Smile
http://tinyurl.com/o5mwhc

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansaskala wrote:
Tessar is now word for quality

a tessar equivalent of 28mm is great and the 1/1000s is nice for bright sun
however this tessar will cost about 500 euros!
Code:

Camera
    * 8 megapixel camera (3280 x 2464)
    * Image formats: JPEG, EXIF
    * CMOS sensor, Carl Zeiss optics, Tessar™ lens, up to 20x digital zoom
    * Autofocus with assist light and two stage capture key
    * Focal length: 4.61 mm
    * Focus range: 10 cm to infinity
    * Macro focus: 10-50 cm
    * Dual LED flash
    * Large and variable aperture: F2.4, F3.2, F4.8
    * Wide exposure range