Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Makinon + CZJ Tessar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Makinon + CZJ Tessar Reply with quote

As some might have read the thread I made about my Carl Zeiss Jena brass lenses over here

http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-brass-lenses-t16622.html

My 1st experiment to make one of brass lenses, Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:4,5 f-25cm to work on my E-510. I used the Pentacon 50mm chassis but the results did not turned out what I expected. As seen from the last post by me on thread, the focusing distance is very short.

Today, I spotted some stains on my Makinon Zykkor MC Zoom 28-80mm f3.5 front optic group. I open it up and cleaned it. Then something strikes me. The ring diameter is very big and decided to try mount the Tessar lens on it and it works ! With the original Tessar front glass, it works as like a macro lens and with out it it could do infinity and longer focusing distance.

The lens without the original Tessar front piece of glass. In the foreground is the Makinon lens front optic group.

Sample photos taken. Vignette is made by the aperature blades of the Tessar lens.

100% cropped

With the Tessar front glass

100% cropped

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really nice ! I did expect worst result!