Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 35mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 35mm f1.4 Reply with quote

Nice example of a professional Nikkor lens.
Full size images are here

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite is column one, row three. Taken from a bridge I suppose.
It really renders the hugeness of the Duna. If you only look at the top part of the photograph it seems taken with a long tele lens, considering that the lens is a 35mm (although working as a 70mm) this should give the idea of how huge the Duna is to people who's never been there!

What church is it in column one, row two? Interesting interpretation of the Via Crucis in the low-relief, and the Madonna of the central statue of the Winner Christ is beautiful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know the church name this is on Felszabadulás tér close to the white bridge Erzsébet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people would kill for such a lens! Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots, the lens looks to be very good. I want one of these but not enough to kill for it (you are safe Very Happy )

Simon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile hahaha I was lucky really when I got it, thanks for Seymore help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Bill

Yes, that's what came to my mind. What a lens!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:

Bill

Yes, that's what came to my mind. What a lens!

A 35mm f/1.4 is an ideal choice for a 1.6x crop camera as it can serve as standard lens with the same speed as 50/1.4 lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I sent pictures an another professional lens Nikkor 24mm f2 what you think about that ?

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/nikon_nikkor/nikon_nikor_24mm_f2/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Last time I sent pictures an another professional lens Nikkor 24mm f2 what you think about that ?
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/nikon_nikkor/nikon_nikor_24mm_f2/

Even better, because the 24mm focal lenght is even more useful, and a speed of f/2 makes it useable also with low light.
Surely a lens that is highly recommendable for anyone with a digital crop camera, but also for full frame if you love wide angle - and 24mm is one of my favourite focal lenghts.

Judging from the images that I see, this 24mm/2 seems even sharper than the 35mm/1.4, but of course one should know the actual aperture that you have used for your shots.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both pictures taken with f/5.6 except when I marked other aperture. As usual I use everywhere on test photos f5.6. This 24mm lens has a lot scratches on both side. Pure lens had "professional" owner he used without any caps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Both pictures taken with f/5.6 except when I marked other aperture. As usual I use everywhere on test photos f5.6. This 24mm lens has a lot scratches on both side. Pure lens had "professional" owner he used without any caps.

Well, the image quality does not seem to be affected, so who cares, really.
Better a moderately scratched good lens that an immacolate lemon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way it's nice to see your Budapest images and now recognize the places where I have been Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine last week and first did a test shoot to familiarize myself with it's character. Here's one of the first field shots:

Original size 4256x2832 http://www.flickr.com/photos/mureena/3518558044/sizes/m/

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of those old nikkor pro lenses - nikkor built some real tanks including this one.

Attila

I think that is your best series of your home town. I am really hoping to get there in the next couple of years.

patrickh