Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Setting the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Setting the Controls for the Heart of the Sun Reply with quote

Here´s some hit-and-miss photos with a 24/2.8 Nikkor AI-S with the K1 ring.
Not focused, just set the lens wide open at the minimum focusing distance, put near the subject and straight against the setting sun.

This is not something I would have tried with film. Many, many misses,
but also some shots I´m nearly satisfied with.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea! I liked the song and your captures are great too Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!! Yes, this is one of the areas where messing around with digital makes a huge difference.

I was going to say I like the first one better... but then I really looked at the second one, and in its subtler way it is killer.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink Floyd, I was listening to this song (and the other Floyd's) a lot in the 70s Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments.

I used to listen progressive rock a lot in the early seventies, though I never had any Pink Floyd records - the name of the song just came to my mind.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well brings back nice memories, that was "my music" too at that time.

Great shots, like them! Very inspirational I would like to add!!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great song Very Happy and indeed ... experimenting is far less costly with digital cameras.