Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko 65-200 at the Zoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Zuiko 65-200 at the Zoo Reply with quote

Took a recently acquired 65-200 to the zoo last week with my L10. Very easy to use, although I lost a lot to camera shake as it was a very gray day and I didn't want to go over 400iso on the L10 - it gets very noisy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series! I like the b&w conversions a lot
now for the lens, I am not convinced; maybe it is the 400 iso of the L10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the B&W makes me look at zoo photos with a new perspective, good choice!
I especially like those pictures where the texturing is dominant, like the zebra pic or the first elephant pic (my favourite).
The last pic is also very nice with the reflection illusion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series ! I like them a lot!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the kind comments guys.

I don't think the L10 is the best choice to check out a lens unless it's used a 100 or less, I was hoping for a brighter day. But I enjoy converting to B&W and that seemed the best way to go for these. I think I'll try it with an OM1 next.

The Orangutan was very sad. He was surrounded by children making faces and having fun, but had a big ( brand new) enclosure and obviously wanted to be at the glass to soak up the attention.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great series! I really love the one from the elephant face! Excellent! You just made my day Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agree with the previous comments, you've been able of getting so nice B&W results on a typical colour environment.
My fav is also the one of the elephant.

Great work!

Jes.