Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tribute to my Praktica BCA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Tribute to my Praktica BCA Reply with quote

this post just for talking about my old BCA Smile

In 1990, at age of 15, i bought my first camera. Wanted a true camera, will intergeanble lenses, got few money, but few knowledge of the art of photography.

I bought a Praktica BCA with Prakticar 35-70 and a Starblitz flash.
if i had more knowledge about cameras and photography, may be i woul not have bought this one. BCA is a Aperture "priority" reflex, you just can ajust aperure, you are not able to select speed...

But neverthless I love this camera.
Few years after i bought a prakticar 80-210, but i did not use it a lot, vision in viewfinder was too dark Smile

By this time, i did not know what bokeh was and it did not know how to use "aperture".

Then i bought a pentacon 50mm f1.8 and everything changed. WOAW.....
Then came a Pentacon 135, a 28mm and a extrender x2.

In 2000, i found a BC1 with winder and 50mm.

In 2001, AutoFocus called me Smile
All of my friends had Canon EOS, so i bought a EOS 300.
I believe i made 15 or 20 rolls with it. it is a very good camera but, something was wrong... may be because i bought some month before a Olympus mu 2. This one was a MASTERPIECE.

Then came EOS 350D, but this is another story... and a new birth for me.

Even i no more use Prakticas, i love them.

I made a lot of photographs with BCA.
This topic to share some of them with you.
They are not the sharpest, not the best, but they are part of MY story as a photographer Smile

Hope i did not bore you too much Smile

ps : I beg your pardon, if i made too much mistakes writing in English.

Last edited by Nelson on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story and really nice from you too keep this great cam!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nelson,
Nice pictures and nice history.
It's wonderful to keep our old cameras, but they're not dead at all!.
If we take the dust off the old cameras and use it from time to time, we'll keep the film alive...
I recently got a nice Praktica VLC3 body, and I'm planning to use it heavily with my old M42 Russian lenses.

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact :

Praktica BCA need new foam, a little light enters the camera.
Praktica BC1 has a defect, sometime the shutter does not work.
And i even do not use the EOS 300 neither the mju2... and damn i love a lot this little camera !

But digital age was a new birth for me, i think my photography skill made lot of improvements with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson

What a wonderful journey. I think we all never forget our first good camera and lens - it is such a revelation

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to "live" life's journeys as a clandestine observer! THANK YOU for the story AND the images. This is a wonderful way to utilize the forum. I appreciate your putting these up for us to see!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story and nice images. I wish I hadn't sold my Zenith 12xp. Yes I could replace it cheaply but it wouldn't be the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nelson,
yes, the first camera is never forgotten Wink

I love the first image and especially the last one, because the composition is a bit "spirited" just like the subject is Smile
This is one thing that we often forget about, there is a bond between the subject and the composition. Yours is a good example of one that works.

-

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a B&W film in the BCA in january, but still didn't finish it...

Today I receive some new toys
a praktica BC1 with Tamron 46A (never saw a lens in suach a bad condition Shocked ) AND the adaptall Ring for praktica B !

Now I can use long telephoto as i dreamt whem i was 15 ! Very Happy

I am happy

Last edited by Nelson on Sat May 08, 2010 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! When I was young I also couldn't afford BC1 + long lens at all. I still love to shoot better on film than digital.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, can you moe this topic to film section ?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute to my Praktica BCA Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:
In 1990, at age of 15

At that same year and kind of same age I was discovering the Olympus XA (after a very strict Pentax ME Super regime clamped down by my Dad) and what a discovery it was.

I completely relate to your post and just a couple of weeks back I bought another XA to revisit my first steps into the thoughtful world of photography.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your dreams, your cams and a bit of your soul too.

The first cam is in our heart like our first love. Perhaps there are two surfaces of the same thing: the first illusion.

Thanks again. Rino.