Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 50/1.4 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Sears 50/1.4 M42 Reply with quote

My first image posts and also my first try with this lens. I found it waaaaaay back in a drawer, completely forgotten and lonely. All shot at f1.4 on Canon XTi and M42-EOS adapter. I was particularly interested in the DOF at 1.4.

I found the focusing to be particularly hard as I am still getting used to my own new bifocal lens implants due to cataracts. I am not sure what focal length or aperture they are.

Last edited by greg on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice compositions Greg!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree, nice arrangement of the flowers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the composition and softness of that last one. Nice find.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg
Well aware of your problem - my left eye was done this week - right eye next week. Really disconcerting Cool Cool

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been told that it may take up to three years for my brain to take over the opening and closing of the pupils. That being the method of 'focusing' these bi-focal implants. I'm at 20-30 both eyes and slowly improving. It is weird going without glasses. The main thing is that ugly person in the mirror.