Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan 2.8/100 on 5DII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Trioplan 2.8/100 on 5DII Reply with quote

stopped down:

stopped down:

wide open:

stopped down:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, the last two images show that the common place that stopped down is always better for landscapes, is not always true.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree completely! The landscape looks more inviting and interesting shot wide open.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shad309 wrote:
Agree completely! The landscape looks more inviting and interesting shot wide open.

More than wide open or not, I think that the "quid" is the distance to the subject, what do you want to show in the pic and how.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Trioplan 2.8/100 on 5DII Reply with quote

Excelent sensor!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is "quid"? I don't understand this term Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sensor delivers (with the right lens) a clarity that I have rarely seen before! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
This sensor delivers (with the right lens) a clarity that I have rarely seen before! Shocked

Yes, you hit the point precisely (in my opinion)
Depth, roundness.
That is a quality that is already present in the original 5D. In this new one perhaps even more.

Of course like you say, it needs to be supported by proper lenses. All EOS cameras deliver smooth tones transitions. Lenses that have good microcontrast go together well with them, in my opinion.
This is why I find many of the stock Canon images, too "sweet", because EF lenses are often well resolving but low contrast. I think that German and Russian lenses are a better match for EOS cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
In my opinion, the last two images show that the common place that stopped down is always better for landscapes, is not always true.

I guess it depends a lot on the 'story' you want the picture to tell. The first one works at WO as it projects an eerily feeling to it, at least that how I see it. The stopped down ver. simply does not work - I find it difficult to find the 'story' it is painting.

But your pictures with the 5D2 is really killing me. If you keep doing this, I might end up driving to the shop to get one.....arghhhhh!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shad309 wrote:
What is "quid"? I don't understand this term Embarassed

Excuse, Shad309.

It's a latin term that have more than one meaning. I used it here as the main of a problem or the question.

I have to Embarassed , not you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:

I guess it depends a lot on the 'story' you want the picture to tell. The first one works at WO as it projects an eerily feeling to it, at least that how I see it. The stopped down ver. simply does not work - I find it difficult to find the 'story' it is painting.

It does not work because there is too much stuff in the scene and shooting stopped down puts everything in focus creating confusion. The wide open shot keeps the different planes separated bettering the understanding of the scene.
That is what I wanted to say, it's not true that stopped down it's always the best for a landscape: it often is, but there are situations where it is not.