Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm f1.8 Reply with quote

One of my dream 50s; won it on Ebay.de a month and a half ago; finally arrived a couple of days ago.

The lens wasn't in perfect condition; lot of dust, little bit of smearing inside, so I did partial CLAing, though I couldn't figure out how to take out the front element, so I couldn't get to the lenses in front of the diaphragm (and I was scared to disassemble the entire backside without a tutorial, which I could not find online Sad )

These two were taken before CLA. Softness at wide open is very obvious, so I believe I stopped down to f2.8 in these.

This one is post CLA. It definitely helped with the contrast, though softness is still apparent (not in this picture, but in others). This was shot at f1.8-2.0 ish (hard to tell, because there aren't any clicks :-p )

I'll add more to this thread as I take more pictures, and will also do some comparisons with the Voigtländer Color-Ultron 50/1,8.

So far, I'm in love with the color rendition and bokeh quality.

Oh yeah, all three pics, straight out of the camera; no alterations Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, very nice macros with pleasing bokeh, I look forward to see some other pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the last shot Smile

My Voigtländer Color Ultron is at f/1.8 the sharpest 50mm lens I have, but only in centre. Pancolar MC 50/1.8 seems to have sharper edges at f/1.8.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely bowled over by that first shot - it's just wonderful Wink