Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CArl Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.7 on the Olympus E-330
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: CArl Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.7 on the Olympus E-330 Reply with quote

The Olympus E-330 is becoming my favourite camera these days, the set of features it has is what I need for MF shooting.
Today, (gray and rainy day) I've take it out for a walk at the village, to try the CZ Planar 50mm 1.7 with it.

Some samples:

#1 Mirror

#2 Sand castle

#3 Brave sea

#4 Through the shop glass

#5 Myself on the mirror

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you! This is a fine camera really, I am glad you like it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Jes, I really like #1 and #3 - and your self portrait of course Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for your comments, Attila & Orio.

This Planar is the best lens I ever owned...
Now I've to try the Yashica ML 50 with the Olympus.

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set Jes!
I love that Planar also. I bet it makes the perfect short Tele on the 4/3 body.
I know for me the 100mm FL is my favorite short tele on Full frame.
Having a bit more DOF as the 50 and 4/3 provides must make open aperture shooting more of a pleasure.

Looking forward to your report on the ML2/50. I grew up using that lens on my first SLR (Yashica FR). It was the only lens I had for over a decade. Very Happy

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series Jes!
my favorite is #1
are you sure it is a self portrait because it seems you forgot to remove the cap from the lens Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Andy and Poilu for your comments.

@Andy, I think the ML 50mm is a very nice and sharp lens, maybe not up to the Planar, but closer... I'll be trying it soon. Nice to hear you had this so long time, that's a positive feedback for me Wink

@Poilu: Good eye, Poilu, but this time you dindn't hit the target Wink it's a visual effect. The shot is really an autoportrait, the Hoya filter seems to be the cap, but the real cap has the "CONTAX" letters on the top....

Kind regards,
Jes.