Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sample shots with the Olympus OM 50mm 1.8 on the E-330
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Sample shots with the Olympus OM 50mm 1.8 on the E-330 Reply with quote

Nice sharp lens and nice camera, even with the 2x factor.

Curious shot, see how the wires run through the tree...

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sample shots with the Olympus OM 50mm 1.8 on the E-330 Reply with quote

I like the first picture the best! The last one is good too.

2x crop factor would be too much for me (hard for wide angle), but for tele it's probably very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample shots with the Olympus OM 50mm 1.8 on the E-330 Reply with quote

eeyore_nl wrote:

2x crop factor would be too much for me (hard for wide angle), but for tele it's probably very nice.

Thanks!.
These are quick (not elaborated) samples just to try the lens.
The 2x cropping factor is right for the longer focals, for shorter ones I use the Pentax *istDS or the SIGMA instead. Wide angles for Olympus do exist but they are painfully expensive...

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice samples Jes! I like #1 and the 2 flowers shots
what did you make on the eyes of your avatar, I cannot stop laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it Smile
It was by accident, I was trying a remote commander and the shot cut my face just at the eyes level. I found it funny, so I adopted it as my avatar...

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the collage with some different colourings and voilà an instant Warhol-Jes ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample shots with the Olympus OM 50mm 1.8 on the E-330 Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
eeyore_nl wrote:

Thanks!.
These are quick (not elaborated) samples just to try the lens.
The 2x cropping factor is right for the longer focals, for shorter ones I use the Pentax *istDS or the SIGMA instead. Wide angles for Olympus do exist but they are painfully expensive...

Kind regards,
Jes.

Nice samples! I think you made wise decision to use Pentax for wide angle. In my experience not only the angle problem on 2x crop body , picture resolution too at infinity shoots.

Cheap and good solution to me to use film cameras for wide angle (infinity shoots)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You certainly prove your point Jes. That is a fine collection of samples from an excellent lens. I had to give my Oly away (to my son-in-law) because I could not handle the 2x factor. The payback is a lot of good piccs of my new grandson!

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Make the collage with some different colourings and voilà an instant Warhol-Jes ! Laughing

Nice idea Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample shots with the Olympus OM 50mm 1.8 on the E-330 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Nice samples! I think you made wise decision to use Pentax for wide angle. In my experience not only the angle problem on 2x crop body , picture resolution too at infinity shoots.

Cheap and good solution to me to use film cameras for wide angle (infinity shoots)

Thanks Attila!.
I've restricted myself to the 50mm focal length upwards. Now I have to test it with the Zeiss Planar, I'm curious about how it will perform with the Oly...

On the Pentax I use the 24mm Tamron and the Flekto 35mm. They performe really well. But I agree with you, where they perform best are on the film cameras.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
You certainly prove your point Jes. That is a fine collection of samples from an excellent lens. I had to give my Oly away (to my son-in-law) because I could not handle the 2x factor. The payback is a lot of good piccs of my new grandson!

patrickh

Well, the Oly is very good with Olympus digital lenses for family shooting, so you invested well Wink.

Kind regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that the lens is an Olympus Zuiko Auto-S 50mm F1.8??

It's a very good lens. The contrast is very, very nice on that lens, sharpness is very good in the centre.

In the corners it is a little less sharp, with a bit of CA.

I tested a whole lot of "standard" lenses a little while back, and the best of them were the Olympus Zuiko Auto-S 50mm F1.8, Konica Hexanon 50mm F1.7 and the Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 58mm F1.4

The Olympus had the best contrast, the Olympus & the Hexanon had the best centre sharpness, while the MC Rokkor had the best centre & corner sharpness, and the lowest CA. I tested a second Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 58mm F1.4, and it was not as good as this example!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dnas,

Haven't you tried the Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.7?.

Regards,
Jes