Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Facebook Artist Page
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: My Facebook Artist Page Reply with quote

I have my Facebook Artist page now, I am slowly adding my best photos in albums, for the moment there are only some 20 of them
but I will add more photos (and more albums):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oriofoto/189530897816892
and if you should like to drop by and take a look, and, in case, click on the "I like it" button, please, you're welcome Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "liked" it. I can't wait to see it develop. You are a prolific photographer, and one of my favourite portraitists Cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile
Not all content is suitable for Facebook of course. Some series will only be present on my website (when I will be able to make it the way I want - which is not easy because I am not a programmer)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who showed up on my artist page... I have also added you as friends to my freetime ID... some of you were friends also with the other ID... but that's ridden with past work contacts and other people who I don't want to stand in the way of my hobbies Smile So I nearly don't use it anymore. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pictures of you younger are quite something to see. Keyboards? I had no idea? Any recordings? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Those pictures of you younger are quite something to see. Keyboards? I had no idea? Any recordings? Very Happy

he heee... Very Happy Yeah, I used to play the keys, long time ago... yes, I have some recordings who survived from the time gone...
Right now I am helping with the promotion of a young Italian talent, a singer who ranked 4th in the latest Italian X-Factor contest, a true talent not a fake one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 more "likes" and I will be able to view the statistics of the page Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, be sure to add your best photos!

There are glaring omissions right now.
I can remember a lot of amazing photos.
For example, the carnival snapshots.
You know, Bresson-style photos Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I wilol surely add them, thanks! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never understand why the powers that be don't commission you to cover those carnivals as the official photographer. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
I'll never understand why the powers that be don't commission you to cover those carnivals as the official photographer. Rolling Eyes

There would be no money anyway Bob Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
bob955i wrote:

There would be no money anyway Bob Wink

Kind of thought that Orio but a pity nonetheless.

It's a shame that photography, event or otherwise, seems to be so devalued these days.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:

It's a shame that photography, event or otherwise, seems to be so devalued these days.

Yes, everybody with a cell phone thinks that he can make photos as a pro nowadays.
The lack of good taste and of proper artistic education also play a role in that.
Most people is not able anymore to understand and recognize the beautiful today. This because our educational system
has concentrated all efforts on teaching the "useful" disregarding "useless" things are the arts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
bob955i wrote:

The lack of good taste and of proper artistic education also play a role in that.
Most people is not able anymore to understand and recognize the beautiful today. This because our educational system
has concentrated all efforts on teaching the "useful" disregarding "useless" things are the arts.

So true, Orio.
And so bad for all people on the planet.

Recently, at work, we needed photos of every major town in Greece.
The first question of the manager was:
"do you know where we can get the photos for free?"...

In part, this is a side-effect of the digital era.
Digital made taking photos a lot cheaper.
This made photography to look cheaper too.
And also people have started to attribute a photo's aesthetic appeal to post-processing,
not to composition, inspiration etc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikos wrote:
.....also people have started to attribute a photo's aesthetic appeal to post-processing,
not to composition, inspiration etc

Very true - someone saw one of my landscapes and after the usual 'you must have a really good camera.' cliche, proudly informed me that he had done all the Photoshop tutorials he could lay hands on so he could do the same as me.

So for starters I asked him if any of the PS tutorials covered composition or if he had heard of the 'Rule of Thirds'...

Still waiting on that postcard...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, you can learn whatever you want with Photoshop, and it can be extremely useful, but,
you must be able to read your image, see what you need to do, have an aesthetical idea of where you want to go from there.
You can learn Photoshop for 10 years, but if you don't have a developed aesthetical sense first and foremost, you aren't
going anywhere with it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The problem is, you can learn whatever you want with Photoshop, and it can be extremely useful, but,
you must be able to read your image, see what you need to do, have an aesthetical idea of where you want to go from there.
You can learn Photoshop for 10 years, but if you don't have a developed aesthetical sense first and foremost, you aren't
going anywhere with it.

That was my point to that person - if you have no 'eye' then no amount of PS skill or fancy gear will save the day.