Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Will that one be the Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm "killer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Will that one be the Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm "killer Reply with quote

Quote from my site (LOL):
Printing Nikkor; Special high resolution lens for printing film on film. Focal length 149.8mm, Max. aperture f/2.8, Min. aperture f/11, Lens construction 14 elements, 6 groups; Useable magnification range 1:4x...4:1x, Optimum magnification 1:1, Corrected chromatic aberration range 400 - 800 nm, Vignetting 0 %, Distortion 0.0000000000% (1:1x) Aerial resolving power 240 lines/mm (Center, 1:1x) Aerial resolving power 170 lines/mm (32mm circle, 1:1x), Image size 88 mm dia.max., Original size 88 mm dia., Image distance at standard magnification 559.2mm, Weight 1,050g (older model w. adjusting ring)

It has a built in floating group which can manually be adjusted for optimum performance, this is that ring with magnification lettering on it.

Well, I was just lucky enough to get two of these ultra rare gems...

Can't wait to see how it will perform as a macro lens (and what happens if I stretch its use towards infinity)....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a dream come true. Very Happy

How do you mount these. On bellows?

/Jan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Will that one be the Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm "ki Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
printing film on film.

What does that mean?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one on ebay seems to lack the floating adjustment ring with the different magnifications?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 105mm (and the 95mm) are the more common types (with only fixed lens elements) with much smaller image circle, still available new from Nikon's industrial image daughter company Tochigi. Still world class lenses hardly known to the public. Hate to say it, but Zeiss has nothing really comparable to that line of lenses (except the S-Planar 74mm).

The 2.8/150mm is the rarest of them and in about seven years or so, I may have seen about 5..7 of them (the ones I have included) for sale.

Yes, they need an adaptor made and I plan on using it with a converted 6x7 helicoid for my Nikon + Canon bodies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't realised the 150/2.8 had a element you can float manually, my 95/2.8 like you mentioned hasn't. I think the only lens I've got that has something similar is the Computar Apo 55/1.9, but you know that of course, since I can quote from your database:

Hi resolution apochromatic corrected lens with feature to manually adjust spherical correction depending on magnification using floating elemt.

Defenders of the Zeiss 100/2 makro may claim that its design floats its elements optimally when focussing, so the option of floating it manually is detrimental to the optical quality. I on the other hand love to have the option of fiddling with the optics.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me still venturing into manual lenses and learning everyday; isn't that magnification adjustment for magnification only assuming the overall optical performance is already ok?

In similar concept, I have been playing with the Vivitar 2X macro focusing teleconverter that gets me supposedly to 1:1 when attached to my non-macro 50mm manual lenses (I tried to use this 2X MFTC also on top of my 1:1 Kiron 105mm)
gil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures with this lens please!