Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Couple wedding shots (added a couple more)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Couple wedding shots (added a couple more) Reply with quote

Shot recently a wedding of a friend of mine. Some MF-lenses were also in action.
The ceremony was outside so it was quite unique as it is winter in here. Luckily we were blessed with nice weather.

Couple samples straight from raw-converter:

Sigma 17-70

Tamron 30A (originally picture #3)

Tamron 30A

Tamron 30A

Sigma 30/1.4 @F1.4

Super-Tak 55/1.8 @F1.8

Sigma 30/1.4 @1.4 ISO2500

Potraits:

S-M-C takumar 85/1.8 (originally picture #1)

S-M-C takumar 85/1.8 (originally picture #2)

Sigma 30/1.4 @F1.8 +little gaussian blur in photoshop

EDIT: edited the post to add some pictures and rearrange them

Last edited by soikka on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:05 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The couple must be very grateful to have such a lovely set of memories. That Tak is a very desirable lens - and used extremely effectively here

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos!
Love the lighting on #3
and I love the skin rendition on #2, perfect.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shoots! I love them pretty much!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi soikka !! Very nice results!

Weddings should be my concern (my whish Smile

-- my question is -- did you find that your MF lenses are not easy to use in candid shots?
-- or would you prefer MOSLTY AF?

They say that there isn't not too much time to play with MF lenses at venues such as weddings or so..

thanks

tf

Last edited by trifox on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the nice comments!

trifox wrote:

-- my question is -- did you find that your MF lenses are not easy to use in candid shots?
-- or would you prefer MOSLTY AF?

They say that it's not enough time to play with MF lenses at venues such as weddings or so..

I shot some potraits before the wedding using mostly Sigma 30/1.4 on the K20d and 85/1.8 Takumar on the istDs.

In the potraiture work I find the MF lens to slow down the process a bit, but sometimes it's a good thing, as you get to think more.

On candids taken with a tele lens the use of MF lenses isn't really a problem in my opinion as specially if there enough light available and the situations are not changing that rapidly.
I took a change during the ceremony and decided to use the Tamron 30A instead of Pentax DA50-200 AF-lens which would have been faster to operate. I find the rendering of the Tamron is just so much better even if there would have been enough light for the AF-lens Smile. I guess the gamble paid out, since there was only couple of misfocused photos, and I shot almost the whole ceremony with tele due to the place I had to be situated. Previously I've used the lens for candids, but not this critical ones. On the other camera I had 17-70 for wideangle shots.

So to summarize an answer...
I find that MF-lenses suit well for candids in weddings, but there isn't that much time to play around in the critical moments, so one should know what to do in those kind of situations. Most likely if I had an AF tele like Tamron 30A, I would have used that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice portraits.
Your friend must be pleased with your captures.
Good idea with an outdoor winter wedding ceremony, but a bit of a hazard this time of the year i guess.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soikka wrote:

Most likely if I had an AF tele like Tamron 30A, I would have used that.

Understood -- so the Tamron 30A is not a AF, is it?

thanks for your explanation anyway ..

-- would you show more pics to us Smile

thanks

tf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be superb to use Distagon 1.4/35 or Planar 1.2/85 (I haven't got it yet - lol ) for portrait shots Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:

Understood -- so the Tamron 30A is not a AF, is it?

thanks for your explanation anyway ..

-- would you show more pics to us Smile

Nope, it's a MF 80-200/2.8 zoom.

http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/30A.html

I might show some more, as I get photos online...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited to the first post

Last edited by soikka on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! All of them Smile Belongs to the best wedding shots I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Very nice! All of them Smile Belongs to the best wedding shots I have ever seen.

Thanks no-X! But that's just too much Smile

The outdoor wedding went as well as it could have had due to the great weather, that plays a big role in the photos and shows.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple more added to the first post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great shots. Exposure was right on with the snow shots. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Takumars 55/85mm and Sigma 30mm shots most.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

I shot my first wedding last weekend (wish it was outside Cool ). Was not allowed to use flash in the church and could only shoot from the balcony.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob and maddog10.

maddog10 wrote:
Very nice!

I shot my first wedding last weekend (wish it was outside Cool ). Was not allowed to use flash in the church and could only shoot from the balcony.

Balcony and no flash seems like a hard combo to crack, specially if the church is not well lit. Hard to get interesting shots?
But I see some little helpers in your signature, D3 and 5d must help the situation greatly? I can use ISO6400 only in my dreams with K20d and ISO3200 is not that great Smile.

Please show some samples?