Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 4/20 by the sea
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 4/20 by the sea Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently tested my latest purchase, a Zebra Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 4/20 in M42 mount with my Canon 30D, making profit of the sunny day.

Here are some pics:

I have to say that, unfortunately, none of the ships is mine. Confused

But I enjoy them by taking pictures. Cool

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Juanma, nice combination of camera and lens!. This Flekto is very sharp, the blues are very natural, I like it!.

And nice pictures...
I wanted to go to this morning to finish the roll inside the Yashica Electro, but it has been a cloudy and wet day...

Jes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful captures! Nice Spanish sunshine+a Flek 4/20+ Canon 30D + a good photographer Smile perfect combo to deliver good result.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that definitely looks like a keeper Juanma. And I envy you your sunshine. Thanks for making us feel warmer.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look nice this lens has nice color for my eye and great sharpness. Wow, I feel like Patrickh. A day in the sun like you had would be really great right now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice photos Juanma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens gives very contrasty and saturated colours. Orio can confirm that.

With many lenses I push a bit the contrast in ACR, but with this Flek 20, I left it with the default value, and in some cases I decreased it a bit!

I have also used it on the Praktica, where it shows it's natural wideangle essentia, but still haven't finished the roll.

By the way, it also looks terrific mounted on the 30D! Cool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those boat reflections in #3 !

The Flek 4/20 has never let me down, in any occasion. It always makes good pictures Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots with what looks to be a very nice lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens on M42

Link to (almost) full res film scan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mureena/3323394262/sizes/o/

I'll post more once I get it back, I sent it and other CZJ lenses in for new lube.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series Juanma !!!
shrap and rendering tone as beautiful