Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A. Schacht Ulm Travenar 3.5/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: A. Schacht Ulm Travenar 3.5/135 Reply with quote

Hi, I found interesting lens in local auction service. Could somebody tell me something about this lens? Is it worthwhile buying it? The price is quite low, about 15 €. The lens is in mint condition, it looks very nice Smile

http://allegro.pl/item283180669_a_schacht_ulm_travenar_1_3_5_135_obiektyw_portret.html

By the way... I wanted to buy rare black Biotar 5,8cm, but unfortunately I lost the auction Neutral

Last edited by Maxim on Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low because crap, I never heard any good about this maker.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your opinion, Attila! Nice to read it now. So... I will be looking for some other interesting and rare lenses :]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it doesn't technically outstanding, it brings out the best picture and win the contest of best MF lens at our country's MFL website.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Schacht Travegar triplet 4,5/105 head in M39 , like enlarger lenses, , which came with a novoflex bellows . A bit soft , but I like the colors and the 16 blades diaph "bokeh" .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beautiful picture Helios.
Indeed, it renders the colors very well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios, are the colours enhanced or default?
Really good looking image!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful image!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax Dslr colors, contrast, sharpness settings on middle of scales (It doesn't mean "0" however ?), jpeg mode, no post-treatment . Morning Light was very "hard" (after rain) , this lens is not so sharp than a macro-s-tak , but the bokeh is totally "melted" (here f/8 ) .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Pentax Dslr colors, contrast, sharpness settings on middle of scales (It doesn't mean "0" however ?)

I don't know, it depends on your camera, in Canons the middle of scale is the neutral average setting (if you get lower you desaturate, higher you saturate), maybe in other cameras zero setting is normal and above is saturate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Travegon 3.5/135.
Nice little metal thing, but there are better German lenses in that range. 1. picture aperture @ 3.5

Attila wrote:
Low because crap, I never heard any good about this maker.

I will keep the Schacht Travegon 2.8/35.
I like the design and the excellent warm colours, sharp in center wide open, good from corner to corner from 5.6 up. Not a bad lens for that age!

I also have the same lens in Praktina mount and would say that it is better than the Flek 2.8/35 for the same camera. picture taken at ~ƒ/5.6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples , seems no crap German lenses Wink Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Schacht Ulm lenses, esp. teh Macro versions. Pretty sharp but the contrast is on teh soft(er) side - sometimes not bad with digital backs/cameras since I have very sharp and very contrasty lenses which tends to burn out highlifts and "eat up" the dark parts, so it is actually not bad to have that sort of "film like" lens gradation curve. The pics above actually prove that....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Some pictures of the lenses Reply with quote

Just to complete some pictures of the both lenses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also own the Travegon 35/2.8 and I can confirm that is not bad at all. I could find some examples when i'll have time to sort my image archive.