Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax IIa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Contax IIa Reply with quote

I have just found that the Contax IIa that I have bought last Sunday is a very rare camera.
My copy has the "colour dial" (numbers of time selector wheel are coloured) and according to this website:

http://www.zeisscamera.com/articles_cdbd.shtml
(read "Why is the Contax IIa Color Dial Camera so Expensive?" paragraph)

only 3000 or so of these cameras have ever been made! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lucky a$$ Razz Very Happy

It's a gorgeous camera, you was pretty smart to not let it slip by given the occasion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Orio, this day at the fair becomes better and better!
Congratulations, my friend!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that was really a lucky day, Attila was right I should have bought a lottery ticket Shocked
I mean, I am sure that if I knew what colour dial meant and if I searched for such a camera, I would have never found it. Instead, I was not looking for it and it happened to me. Life can be really strange.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Orio!.

This happens from time to time, hopefully it's the life that tries to balance some of the "lemons" one gets also from time to time...

Please, post pictures when you have time.
Thanks, and enjoy it.

Regards,
Jes.