Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arse-n-all's at it again...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Arse-n-all's at it again... Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Cripes, what's this seller thinking?!? US $8,820.00 for a mirror lens?

But wait, it gets better. Shocked

For a mere US $2,268.00, you can own a Leica lens hood: Click here to see on Ebay Only US $40 for shipping.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!

What i think ... they are not planning to sell these products at the prices, but merely using these high ebay prices to 'increase' the market value of the products they sell in their shop.

e.g.
They tell their customer that the market price for this Olympus Mirror lens sells for US $8,820.00 ... referring to Ebay pricing.

Then they say ... they can offer the customer a great deal ... e.g. 50% off Wink if they buy in the shop ...

It's like first marking up the products with 1000% and then giving huge discount rates to close the sale!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty business behind ... perhaps...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Arse-n-all's at it again... Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
Click here to see on EbayFor a mere US $2,268.00, you can own a Leica lens hood: Click here to see on Ebay Only US $40 for shipping.

Winner takes it all! Very Happy Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

That's what I thought also.
Maybe selling drugs through apparently innocent Ebay transactions that can be used to justify money transfers...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Arse-n-all's at it again... Reply with quote

Keith G wrote:
Did you miss this little bargain in the Sellers Other Items:

Click here to see on Ebay

Only a mere 125K (USD)...!! Very Happy

It is made of titanium - and I do need a new hip...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some items are really collector's items but these prices are ridiculous!
Something must be wrong there...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

Maybe selling drugs through apparently innocent Ebay transactions that can be used to justify money transfers...

... or money laundering ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

That is pretty sure they selling some lenses like black biotar 75mm for years who try to sell a lens for three years ? If want to earn money from selling ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually these all could be viable options. They have items up and down the price scale. Arsenal Photo: "Able to handle any money laundering amounts that you desire" Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
indianadinos wrote:
Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

That is pretty sure they selling some lenses like black biotar 75mm for years who try to sell a lens for three years ? If want to earn money from selling ?

I think the selling could be using PM etc ...?
Just imagine the Ebay charges!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
Attila wrote:
indianadinos wrote:
Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

I think the selling could be using PM etc ...?
Just imagine the Ebay charges!

Don't think so because I asked about a lens there once, offered $100 less and they said price is fixed. With their prices, it wouldn't have been much less out of their pockets to just accept and forego the fee.

K.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been around manual focus lenses long enough to say with certainty, but seems like they have quite a number of 'rare' lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not accustomed to just "looking" at peoples' faces and expressions to ascertain if they are "up to no good".

But, have you seen the pictures of the two weasel-looking guys at Photo Arsenal? They look to me like they would gladly break my legs to get a bit of money.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This indeed looks like pushing the market value, but I recall my GF bidding on some article on the bay.

Just one second before hitting submit she realized in anglosaxon countries the comma is used as a thousands separator and not decimals...

That surely was one moment of *gulp* Shocked