Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

With Cooke Aviar in Tallinn
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: With Cooke Aviar in Tallinn Reply with quote

Here are a few shots with the 4.5/5.25" Aviar on 350D from a trip to Tallinn last summer:

First three shots to demonstrate the low(?) contrast of an uncoated lens with eight air-glass surfaces:

A tonality exercise:

Some resolution at low contrast:

NB. see the full resolution version at http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/tallinn_aviar_files/av11299s.jpg

A few more shots are available at http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/tallinn_aviar.html

BTW, when I was taking these photos, there came this lady with very imposing Nikon dSLR gear, looked at my working for a while and then asked me to pose for her with my gear:

I had to aim to various directions with my camera until she got the kind of photo she wanted - she just didn't seem to get her exposure right until I figured out which way to orient myself.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking setup!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second image looks like the composition of a Rembrandt painting! The pose, the drape, and the oblique light falling from above, remind me of those Rembrandt interiors.
Excellent, what a pity there is no light on the face.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The second image looks like the composition of a Rembrandt painting! The pose, the drape, and the oblique light falling from above, remind me of those Rembrandt interiors.
Excellent, what a pity there is no light on the face.

Thanks. You mean something like this:

Veijo