Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Moon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: The Moon Reply with quote

Just another moonshot

Sony A700
Tair 300mm.
1/500
Iso 200
125% crop

Last edited by lahnet on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result, like the contrast, looks good from the Tair 3 Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great details!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a synchronisation! This evening I took similar picture using Meyer-Optik Telemegor Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here's something to think about: I compare your two photos, and I notice a shift of the moon features.

Parallax shift??

Is that possible, with such a small distance? (form Denmark to Poland) ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure, but when I look at mine again today i think it is to dark Sad

I forgot to write this pic is shot behind glass, it was quite stormy out there.

I will try more serious again another day

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio - I noticed exactly the same. A shift is rather small, as like as the distance between Denmark and Poland.
Lahnet - I like your photo, it's corresponding with song which I'm listening now ("Dark side of the Moon" Ernesto vs Bastian). I simply had better weather conditions yesterday evening, so it was easier to take a bright image. But the darkness of your picture is also inspiring. Regards!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim wrote:
Orio - I noticed exactly the same. A shift is rather small, as like as the distance between Denmark and Poland.
Lahnet - I like your photo, it's corresponding with song which I'm listening now ("Dark side of the Moon" Ernesto vs Bastian). I simply had better weather conditions yesterday evening, so it was easier to take a bright image. But the darkness of your picture is also inspiring. Regards!

Maxim,
In no astronome - however I ask myself if the small km distance between Denmark and Poland can really have an influence on a object so distant (384 400 km) and so big.

I once read somewhere that to measure distance from earth to moon you can not use parallax because you would need a start base much larger than the earth itself - in other words, earth can not be used as rangefinder for the moon Laughing

So if the whole earth is not large enough for a measurment that only requires a little shift, I doubt that the distance between Denmark and Poland can really produce such a large shift by itself.

Yet, eyes see, and the difference is visible...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Maxim,
In no astronome - however I ask myself if the small km distance between Denmark and Poland can really have an influence on a object so distant (384 400 km) and so big.

I once read somewhere that to measure distance from earth to moon you can not use parallax because you would need a start base much larger than the earth itself - in other words, earth can not be used as rangefinder for the moon Laughing

So if the whole earth is not large enough for a measurment that only requires a little shift, I doubt that the distance between Denmark and Poland can really produce such a large shift by itself.

Yet, eyes see, and the difference is visible...

Orio, Maxim, if the two shots are not taken exactly at the same time, it may explain the shift, the earth is turning and the moon as well so their relative positions are constantly changing with time. One hour difference would make a big change...

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was shot 13-11-2008 19:51

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately I had the same idea last night Wink

Taken in south portugal, 21:00 GMT, with Pentacon 2.8/135 (my longest lens).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forum of Selenites! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moontography Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Mine was shot 13-11-2008 19:51

My picture was taken 13.11.2008 at 20.55 (19.55 GMT) Smile