Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

English architecture/landscape
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: English architecture/landscape Reply with quote

Following Peter's thread and the snow reminded me of this melding of old English architecture set perfectly in an English landscape:

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those storytelling houses, nice place to smell the past.
British countryside architecure is beautyful.

Reminds me on this one, not very british, but nearly the same situation Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a gorgeous house, Patrick!
I capture old country houses, too. I feel someone has to record these for future generations.

Carlsson I love your photograph too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of these are very much thematic of the title and very moving.
Kudos to you both.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Brit TV series called "Midsommer Murders". It's a lot of fun and is set in a mythical village, which is a composite of many old quaint places around the UK. My wife told me on my last visit to "take some shots of Midsommer". So I now have a collection of "scenes" from the SE (Kent Surrey and Hants). Very Happy Very Happy

That was my favourite since it is such an evocative spot.
Carlsson, I love that shot and I would dearly like this thread to be pursued by others Andy?

patrickh