Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Yashica Electro 35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Problem with Yashica Electro 35 Reply with quote

I loaded the batteries correctly and they are active, but the shutter seems to fire always at the same speed whatever setting I make to aperture, even in the B pose! also the slow/over lights never turn on.
The seller advertised the camera like this:

Quote:
ACCURATAMENTE TESTATA E VERIFICATA IN OGNI PARTICOLARE
PERFETTAMENTE FUNZIONANTE
La fotocamera in questione è in condizioni impeccabili
-Esposimetro funzionante
-Spie sovra e sottoesposizione funzionanti
- Otturatore in perfette condizioni e funzionante

which means:

Quote:
CAREFULLY TESTED AND VERIFIED IN EVERY DETAIL PERFECTLY WORKING
The camera is in impeccable condition
-exposure Meter working
- Spies sovra and underexposure working
- Shutter in perfect conditions and working

Nothing of which works.

Now, either I am an idiot and I have not done something crucial to make the camera work correctly, or this is the most shameful scam I have ever fallen into.

So, do I have to make any particular action to make the shutter works correctly?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds very much like the dreaded "pad of death" (or rather "pad that must be replaced").

Sevo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
That sounds very much like the dreaded "pad of death" (or rather "pad that must be replaced").

Sevo

What is? Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a rubber buffer on the release post which deteriorates over time, and will fail sooner or later in every Yashica Electro - if it has not already failed. And if it breaks, very odd things will happen to the release and transport behaviour.

Repair is not that hard - you just have to glue in another bit of 2mm rubber, the hardest part is putting the lens panel back again. There are several good explanations out on the net - see Google...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
This one is not a POD problem.
The POD has no effect on over under lights or Bulb setting.
This camera is not getting power to the meter or shutter.
The battery has a disconnect somewhere.
If the Battery test button works and nothing else changes there is a short powering the circuitry that runs the camera.
Interestingly with the electro. The battery test light circuit is not integral to the other functions of the camera.
Sorry Orio. You are best to send this one back.
I hope it does not sour you on this fantastic camera.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made double test on my electro, don't need to set anything else just press shutter button and works well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will order mine from sunshine for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Hi Guys
This camera is not getting power to the meter or shutter.
The battery has a disconnect somewhere.
If the Battery test button works and nothing else changes there is a short powering the circuitry that runs the camera.
Interestingly with the electro. The battery test light circuit is not integral to the other functions of the camera.
Sorry Orio. You are best to send this one back.
I hope it does not sour you on this fantastic camera.

The sad thing is, it looks ENTIRELY new!
I never saw a used camera of many years look like this, except for my Agfa Record II.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wasn't in use ?! It's factory defected ... common problem with trully MINT items.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it can be fixed if you choose to go into it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep just give it a try.. if you can fix it, You may end up with one of the most minty electro 35

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller just called me on the phone... he said that "the lab called him and the camera was not restored as he thought"...bull crap.
I asked him back all the money, including the batteries that I have just bought.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up this camera produce wonderful quality, look for another one.

I found my GS Made in Hong Kong was better than black one Made in Japan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Hi Guys

It certainly had on two that I have fixed - just what the POD does depends on what happens to the second shutter post. It may start uncontrolled movements (the notorious metallic clicking POD), or be stuck up, down or even in between, if and depending on where the pad fragments jam the gears ("silent" POD). If the post is stuck somewhere down, it may keep the electric release switch permanently closed, sucking the battery dry and firing the shutter at shortest possible value regardless of setting, including Bulb.

That said, you probably are right with a power issue - my examples of a stuck POD additionally caused both up and down lights to light up (given the way they work, often randomly or in sequence) rather than none.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy at the phone said it's a contact on the bottom plate of the camera that does not trigger the exposimeter.... sounds like bull crap to me Confused

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GSN has both top wires dealing with the battery broken. The battery test button and the wire that goes from the battery up to the circuit board have both corroded.

An easy test would be to remove the bottom plate and inspect for corroded wires, and hope you don't have to dig into the top cover Sad