Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I sell two nice Zeiss Tessar 2.8/50 12 blades aluminium
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: I sell two nice Zeiss Tessar 2.8/50 12 blades aluminium Reply with quote

I have three of these lenses. I am selling two.

(the lenses are identical. One is focused to infinity the other one to nearest)

Both are in excellent++ condition. For one I would even attempt a "like new" description! (the other one has a little brassing on the top rim). Although with half century life behind Wink

The serial numbers are 4720498 and 4769244.
They are both collectioner's items and lenses for real use. The performance is more than respectable as you can see at this link of pictures I made:

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/tessar_2.8-50-50D/index.html

and this is Attila's gallery:

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/tessar/tessar_50mm_f2_8_alu/

I judge this lens, as one of the most beautiful small lenses ever made, aesthetically and by touch.

The price I ask for one of them is 40 Euros + shipping.
Members with more than 50 messages posted don't pay the paypal fee. The others will add it.

I think these lenses are the best way to add a Zeiss lens to your collection if you still don't have any. They are affordable and beautiful. Of course the later editions of this lens are much cheaper but they are ugly looking (in my opinion) while these are a beauty. Smile And with 12 blades, highlight bokeh will look always circular Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, is it the non-T version? I'm unfamiliar with Tessar models. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no T, correct

(to my eye however T and not T all give the same pictures, I think because the front lens is so recessed inside the barrel, that lateral light is never an issue)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe price too high?
That's what i paid for them, but I will lower it to 30 Euros for this group.
It will stay at 30 until I decide to put them on EBay.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio,

I wanted one which has smother helical one,
it does not matter mint or less mint as long as M42 mount.

I will send a PM.

The reason to buy (do we need it?) one is, my tessar 50/2.8 is Exakta mount.
I do not have Exakta->EOS mount adaptor.

One of the lenses will be my 201-st lens in my possesion. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

assigned Smile