Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Abandoned Mansion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Abandoned Mansion Reply with quote

Happened to pass this place today.
The place looks abandoned or at least in an early state of decay.
Unfortunately it was not possible to enter the premises. I'm sure there would have been plenty of photo opportunities there.

I used the 100mm Nikon E for the shots. A very cloudy and dark day so the camera settings does not guarantee sharp pictures.

View from the gate

Last edited by Sven on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine what this lens can do in sunny wheather.. Nice series, great lens!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice colors from this lens!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great place to shoot! I wish I could go there...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

Sad to see a beautiful place go down hill. It looks like it not to late for someone to restore it to it former glory.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Very nice.

Sad to see a beautiful place go down hill. It looks like it not to late for someone to restore it to it former glory.

Did some reading up on the place. Everything seems to be possible to find on the INTERNET.
The forecast for the building might not be as grim as it looks.
Apparently the neglect has be noticed, and the County has bought the building with the intent of doing the most urgent repair, and then selling it to someone with an interest of preserving the place.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news Sven. Also a fine series with a remarkable little lens. The Kaleinar 100/2.8 was supposedly based on that lens and gives extraordinary colours - cheap if you can find one.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pity to have such marvelous house abandonned!
Nice shots, Sven, my fav is the last one, wonderful landscape...
Thanks for sharing!

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tile roof looks like it could be intact...it looks like a nice paint job would go a long ways on the outside.

Nice images, Sven. I would love to see some more close-up images of the "sunburst" on either side of the door. Also some of various interesting little corners of the structure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
The tile roof looks like it could be intact...it looks like a nice paint job would go a long ways on the outside.

Nice images, Sven. I would love to see some more close-up images of the "sunburst" on either side of the door. Also some of various interesting little corners of the structure.

Thanks all!
These were pretty much the only pictures I could take without trespassing.
Maybe I will go there again with a longer telephoto lens.
Apparently there is also an English style park on the backside.
The buildings are definitely not beyond repair.
Here are a couple of close ups

Note the statue on the right side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scenery with those autumn trees is a dream, it could be the set of a film.