Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Autumn colours
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Autumn colours Reply with quote

Everyone seems to be showing pictures of dead leaves so I though that I would join in. These were taken during the last few days. All at f/8.

1. Cotinus Volna 3

2. Embothrium coccineum (Chilean fire bush) Volna 3 (flash)

3. Maple (unknown species/variety) Tair 11A - a bit heavy with the PP maybe - not quite LOMO - but it seemed to demand it.

4. Maple Tair 11A

5. Cynara cardunculus Tair 11A

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results with that Volna! Yet another underdog lens.

I love that you have put in the scientific genus/species description, as it allows me to ascertain which plant family the various plants are in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sichko. The Tair is one of my favourites, but so too is the Volna...
Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'm trying to find a set of lenses that I can spend some time with. I've only had the Tair for a few days but already I feel that it's better than the Jupiter 11A and the Jupiter 37A. It's not simply the extra stop but the "build quality" which gives you extra confidence when focussing. I shall keep the 11A and 37A - they are lighter and more easily replaceable (cheaper) if lost.

I've had the Volna 3 for a couple of weeks now and I like it very much. Although it's quite heavy, the focussing ring is at the front which means I can focus and support at the same time. I know the Helios 40-2 is much heavier but the main problem I had with it was that the focus ring is at the back near the mount. I'm not strong enough!

So I've found two winners - and both give infinity on a Nikon without extra glass.

In connection with the naming of plants - my interest in plants long precedes my interest in photography.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko

Check out the kaleinar 100/2.8 - surprising lens.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results, John!
We share the interest in plants.
Your maple looks like Acer platanoides to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely colours and positioning very impressive Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one is awesome to me, color, composition just excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your generous comments.

Patrick - thanks for the Kaleinar recommendation. I've probably got enough toys to play with (master ?) at the moment. But I had thought about the Kaleinar. Also the Kaleinar 3 (2.8/150). Orio recently produced some very impressive pictures with it. And does anyone recommend the Vega 28 (2.8/120) ? It gets a good review on the Pentacon 6 site.