Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help to get rewind spool back in
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Help to get rewind spool back in Reply with quote

I took the rewind lever off the top of my spotty to get to the calibration adjustment. I went too far and removed the spool, not realising thet it won't go back in easily.

Anyone know a trick to getting it past the ridge?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Help to get rewind spool back in Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I took the rewind lever off the top of my spotty to get to the calibration adjustment. I went too far and removed the spool, not realising thet it won't go back in easily.

Anyone know a trick to getting it past the ridge?

Yes, Martin, you'll need to remove the top cover and release the spring that clicks into the grooves in the spool shaft. You can see part of the the spring if you look down the shaft tube with a light at the other end. I've never found a way of pushing it out of the way to slide the spool up. Here is how to remove the top cover:
http://forum.mflenses.com/international-teamwork-fixing-spotmatics-t7047,start,15.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried taking it apart a few times but haven't got the tools to get the dials off so looks like this one is spares/landfill/future project.