Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enjoying his retirement.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Enjoying his retirement. Reply with quote

Took these pictures while driving by a lake yesterday.

Unlike others who may not be having retirement at all as a result of the financial crisis, this man is very much enjoying his.

20D with converted Minolta Rokkor MC 1.2/58. Aperture unrecorded.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky you are with the Rokkor 58 1.2
nice colors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he has to fish to feed himself? I am finding retirement in the present circumstances quite trying.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met a count in England in 1999. He lived in the Surrey, alone with his mother and his male servant. It didn't take much to guess they both were, so to say, "on the other side".
I and a collegue were trying to sell him expensive furniture made by Ettore Sottsass. While talking, at one point my collegue asked him "When did you retire?" and he replied: "my dear, I have been born retired". Laughing Rolling Eyes