Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Usually it's the concrete that is colorless
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Usually it's the concrete that is colorless Reply with quote

I’ve been shooting artists and their work as a regular project. This piece is by a potter/sculptor named Hayden Larson. It’s made of concrete, colored with concrete dye.

This piece has sat in the sun/rain/snow and heat for about 15 years and hasn’t faded one iota. Hayden originally made it to look old and weathered.

The spirit-child’s face is life sized.

(Canon 30D, Mamiya 28mm SX lens)

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting shot and description. I have never heard of concrete colours. Well they seem intense for sure. Do they cover the entire spectrum?
OF course I assume that the sculpture was modeled in clay or chalk and then a cast created for pouring the cement in.
This SX lens is a lens for 135 system I suppose? (I never heard of lenses of 28mm for medium format)

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting piece of art.
What strikes me, apart from the figure, are the oval highlights in the bg...

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

What strikes me, apart from the figure, are the oval highlights in the bg...

hi Carsten,
it sometimes happens with the wide angle lenses.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Interesting shot and description. I have never heard of concrete colours. Well they seem intense for sure. Do they cover the entire spectrum?
OF course I assume that the sculpture was modeled in clay or chalk and then a cast created for pouring the cement in.
This SX lens is a lens for 135 system I suppose? (I never heard of lenses of 28mm for medium format)

Thank you Orio,

Yes, concrete dying has become quite the thing in the US. I have a friend that does that in houses and commercial buildings as a living. It's quite beautiful, archival, and inexpensive.

Mamiya/Sekor made a whole line of 42mm lenses for Mamiya/Sekor 35mm cameras. The problem with the SX line is that they have a short register and one can't achieve infinity focus. I don't know about the other lines of M/S lenses as I don't have any.

Jules

http://freenet-homepage.de/stauber/mamiya-nc/m42_lenses.htm