Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need sugestions on M42 lenses for movie camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Need sugestions on M42 lenses for movie camera Reply with quote

hey guys...
I just bought a Krasnogorsk 16mm movie camera that uses M42 lenses.
Right now I have some lenses that I use with my Alpha 700.
Meyer-Oreston 50 1.8, Takumar 105 2.8 and Pentacon 200 f/4

what I need/want:

-A very nice wide-angle (20mm or wider)
-A good normal lens with good bokeh (35 to 50mm)
-A good mid tele (good bokeh and sharpness)

The Meyer is very nice and sharp, but the focus ring is a little hard... for movie making I need a lens with a very good and smooth focus ring.

well, that´s it.
Thanks!
Ivan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For movies to avoid distortion is very important, because image moves.
So I recommend the Flektogon 4/20 as wide lens.
(I have one for sale - but I am not recommending it for this reason!)
As normal lens I would recommend two lenses, a sharp 35/40 mm like the Flektogon 2.4/35 or the Tessar 4.5/40, and a fast 50mm with great bokeh for those close ups, and the choice would be a SMC Takumar 1.4/50
As for mid tele, with smooth focus ring, the best option would be a Rollei Sonnar 85mm with M42 mount, but they are very rare to find. I would avoid Russian lenses, because they are build cheaply and focus ring is not good enough for movies. I would recomment a SMC Takumar 85mm, they are not better than russians or Zeiss Jena optically, but they feature better mechanics and smoother focusing, which in your case, is required.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

The Flek 20/4 was on my mind already... I look every day on Ebay for one.
And yesterday I saw a 50 1.4 Tak on a store here in Rio, but the glass was very yellow (maybe not a problem with digital...but with film...)
Thanks for the tips... btw, how much do you want for the Flek?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200 Eur + shipping and paypal fee.
The lens is in excellent condition, working properly, and glasses perfect.