Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9 Reply with quote

Following up the Auto Takumar 85/1.8 thread with some Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9

More and bigger: Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this lens very much. I have looked for it often on Ebay but I could only find it in the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After your CZ you don't need really Orio any other lens. You are already top equipped as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I have this beautiful lens and have produced nice pictures, but definitely not as nice as yours. I am missing a hood on this one. And it's almost impossible to find just the hood on ebay nowadays as I prefer the original metal hood than the rubber ones.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
Very nice. I have this beautiful lens and have produced nice pictures, but definitely not as nice as yours. I am missing a hood on this one. And it's almost impossible to find just the hood on ebay nowadays as I prefer the original metal hood than the rubber ones.

I got lucky. I won an auction with original hoods for 85, 105, 200 with bags for 10£. I lacked all three too. The only hoods I lack now is for the 35mm and the 20mm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
bawang wrote:

I got lucky. I won an auction with original hoods for 85, 105, 200 with bags for 10£. I lacked all three too. The only hoods I lack now is for the 35mm and the 20mm.

10£, that's almost stealing Smile If you feel bad, send the 85 my way.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first one is superb. I think this may be better than the 1.8?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
That first one is superb. I think this may be better than the 1.8?

patrickh

It's really hard to say really. I mean, sure, the coatings do add some protection in harsh conditions. However I find that not that big of a problem. The 1.8 Auto-Takumar is incredibly sharp. Might be a bit sharper then the 1.9. However, wide open, there is some cyan fringing(?) with the 1.8. I like both lenses and they have different personalities and I don't think I can say one is a winner over the other.

Here is a 1.8 shot towards the sun today. Sure the 1.9 might have handeled the flare at the top better. But on the other hand, I would probably have lost those sexy diagonal lines too.