Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon lenses on Olympus 4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon lenses on Olympus 4/3 Reply with quote

http://gfsnt.no/hexanon/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great link, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, great!! I can fill in the box in my chart. You don't happen to know if you can do a similar thing with Miranda lenses do you, or can you use Konica and Miranda lenses on an Oly DSLR using VGR's universal adapter?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If register distance is longer than Olympus 4/3 and diameter is fit to VGR XXX adapter lenses will support infinity without any problem. I successfully used Altix lenses with XXX adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miranda lenses would be a bit marginal to reuse - generally these would have been the same as equivalent Soligor brand, as the two were linked.

You can very cheaply get Soligor lenses in more useful mounts, so why use Mirandas ? There certainly weren't any wonder-lenses in that mount, they are just as pedestrian as the Soligors.

Mirandas actually had two mounts, an external bayonet a la Canon and a 44mm thread, I have examples of both.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to use the hexanon lenses. They're excelents (the oldiest with less contrast and better sharpness, in my opinion, of course)

Very, very good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Miranda lenses would be a bit marginal to reuse - generally these would have been the same as equivalent Soligor brand, as the two were linked.

You can very cheaply get Soligor lenses in more useful mounts, so why use Mirandas ? There certainly weren't any wonder-lenses in that mount, they are just as pedestrian as the Soligors.

Mirandas actually had two mounts, an external bayonet a la Canon and a 44mm thread, I have examples of both.

Thank you Luis. I don't know anything about Miranda lenses, it's just that someone asked me to include them in my chart showing compatability of old MF lenses with various DSLR mounts. The box for Miranda on a 4/3 is blank ATM. I think that's the only mount they could work with!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/camera-mounts-registers.html

Register distance is safe, works fine with Olympus 4/3 look in this chart.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
http://www.mflenses.com/camera-mounts-registers.html

Register distance is safe, works fine with Olympus 4/3 look in this chart.

Attila, did you actually look at my chart? I already have the register distances worked out. I'm trying to show which lenses will physically fit on the different DSLR cameras, which is a lot more useful info.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember please send to me and I will publish on mflenses.com.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. I need to make a couple of updates. What format do you want, it's an excel spreadsheet but I can make PDF or jpeg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excel thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon lenses on Olympus 4/3 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
http://gfsnt.no/hexanon/

Not very well written and the instructions are far too basic . Confused
I have no idea where he got the silly idea for that cardboard disk to go over the rear element Question ...Surely thats got to rob any lens used like that of at least a stop Sad ...and what the heck are the bits of window seal for Shocked