Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Should I buy this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Should I buy this? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying a Contax with lens Carl Zeiss 25mm/2.8
5 hours left and it's on 45€ (roughly counting). We are low on money though, and I'm thinking of this as a means of investment and to sell the lens on ebay... the ones I saw in the "Used lens price guide" was sold for £250. Do you think this is a good idea (I can't afford it if it's a mistake).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To buy any contax lens a good deal , especially on low price.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Contax camera is it?
The value can change enormously from a simple camera to the big cameras.

Also check that the Distagon 25 is a MM version. Their used value is much higher than the AE version (sometimes the double).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 25 alone should sell easy for a minimum of 150 euros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a good deal if it stays this low, go for it!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'll try, but I know they guy who is highest bidder at the moment has a lot of knowledge and probably knows whats it's worth Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Contax 137

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
Orio wrote:

Contax 137

Contax 137 M? Quartz (hard to see the second letter, cold be MA or MD). The letherett has fallen off, but I've read it's common and possible to buy new.

It's hard to see the lens but what I can see it's in good condition. Looks like it has an UV-filter on. And the seller have thousands of feedback and none negativ, 100% positive.

But I guess it will rise the last few minutes :/ So I shouldn't keep my hopes up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not expect much from the 137 in terms of sales - a sum around 75 Euros
THe used value of the Distagon 25 is 150-200 Eur for the AE version and 300-400 Eur for the MM version (assuming is good condition)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol*, it went up to 1653 SEK last minute, (€ 174)... to much for me. But thanks anyway for advice Smile