Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cris - Flektogon 35mm 2.4 MC - Test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Cris - Flektogon 35mm 2.4 MC - Test Reply with quote

10 minutes test with my brother modeling.

Single light.

All at 5.6 - 1/5 and 1/10 with ISO200

Last edited by Lazzaros on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first one!! What a great B&W.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are good one, I also vote for #1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The composition in #1 is particularly striking.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, #1 is tops!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:

I'll think it is in good hands. Agree? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazzaros wrote:
sichko wrote:

I'll think it is in good hands. Agree? Very Happy

Agree! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is perfect.
Actually I think #2 perspective is more pleasing and a classic but the reflexes of the light in your brother's eyes are disturbing. That little detail made the shot worse even to the casual observer.
If I would have to do that shot I'd use a large softbox so to diffuse the light more, or also a flash trough umbrella but very close to the subject.
Using lights is a pain, I know Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
#1 is perfect.
Actually I think #2 perspective is more pleasing and a classic but the reflexes of the light in your brother's eyes are disturbing. That little detail made the shot worse even to the casual observer.
If I would have to do that shot I'd use a large softbox so to diffuse the light more, or also a flash trough umbrella but very close to the subject.

If I have any kind of flash I would do that. hehe

I did this only with 2 fluorescent lamps together as a kitchen lamp.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazzaros wrote:
A G Photography wrote:
#1 is perfect.

If I have any kind of flash I would do that. hehe

I did this only with 2 fluorescent lamps together as a kitchen lamp.

I started with two alogen lamps used in garage shops, but now decent semipro flashes are becoming less and less expensive and with 500-600 euro you can get a useful system (with the advantage that you will still use it when Canon will realese the Canon 5d Mk XIII). Flashes are the same as lenses if you treat them with care.

Anyway returning to your actual situation you have to think at other cheap systems to diffuse lights. White foam panels for example. Point the fluorescent lamps against them and light your subject with the diffused bouncing the light. They also have the advantage of being square so you can simulate the classic softbox shape reflections.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting doing that.

already painted one wall black and now I got more lamps. Smile

My home made studio in my garage!