Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

few seconds before end...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: few seconds before end... Reply with quote

I won this lens Click here to see on Ebay bidding a few seconds before end of auction. I really didn't have time to ask seller what the mount it could be. I don't feel stupid, lens is rare, maybe total junk maybe not.
What do you think? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've typed in the wrong ebay number.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 260281910634 is OK, regarding above link you have to repeat "search" and you will be redirected to the certain auction.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look like a beautiful lens, send more pics when you get it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure but:

- Picture shows a KOWA 2.8/85
- text mentions a Sigma 2.8/28-70

Kowa made some medium format slr - I never heard of 24x36-lenses from them....
BUT: I never heard of any 2.8/85 that was a bad lens!

Smile Paul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller made mistake in description, sigma was sold in auction
#260281909915. I wish this Kowa lens is in M42 mount, looks at the photo pretty handsome Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Seller made mistake in description, sigma was sold in auction
#260281909915. I wish this Kowa lens is in M42 mount, looks at the photo pretty handsome Cool

I'm almost 100% sure that this lens is the standard lens for the Kowa Six, which has a breech lock mount. Probably an easy conversion because the register distance of a 6x6 camera is always larger than that of an APS-C DSLR. Still a nice find I think!

By the way, Kowa DID make lenses for 35mm, although those were mostly intended to use on SLR's with a leaf shutter. This means that the lenses were limited by the diameter of the leaf shutter, resulting in relatively slow lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. My mistake. It's certainly an interesting lens. I've been in the same position - buying something without quite having time to check it. Fortunately I was lucky and I got my money back when I resold it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Spottie, I was looking at Kowa cameras recently myself. I think is what you've bought:
Click here to see on Ebay
I don't know if anyone makes a Kowa 6/EOS or a /M42 adapter like the P6 adapters, but it should be theoretically possible so it's worth a bit of surfing I would think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was following the lens too, since I am looking for something in the 85 fl range, but decided against is as I was not very sure the the mount can be adapted. I hope you will be able to use it, otherwise, it can always go back to ebay. With good pictures and description, you could probably get more than you paid for.

Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me more exciting only, recently I started to use CZJ for Hasselblad with my Pentax K10D (before with lenses for Pentacon Six and Kiev88) and I am very happy with the results. You can see it here http://forum.mflenses.com/my-dream-came-true-t9630.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How interesting! I am betting you will find a way to use the Kowa with your system, similarly to the use of the Hasselblad lens!