Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[C&C] Norway
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: [C&C] Norway Reply with quote

I was in Norway for two weeks (one week ago).
We travelled with a caravan - my wife, young daughter and me. Because of that I had not all abilities to stop everywhere I want, or to make longer photo walks, mostly I jumped out of the car and took some images.
Even make some images still sitting in the car.

Samyang 14mm f/2.8


Zeiss 25mm f/2.8 (C/Y)


Minolta Rokkor 58mm f/1.2


Canon FD 85mm f/1.2L


Meyer Goerlitz Trioplan 100mm f/2.8


Canon FD 300mm f/2.8L


Taken as RAW images with EOS 5D, Lightroom 3 "development"

If you want all: http://www.4photos.de/galerie/Norwegen/index.html


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series V
which lens did you used for my favs



PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty impressive! That Trioplan shot is one of the most attractive examples of it's bokeh I've seen yet.

Images taken with the Rokkor f1.2 seem a bit unusual to me, quite much of glow and vignetting. Did you shoot those wide open?


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice series V
which lens did you used for my favs
...


First FD 300mm f/2.8L
For the second one I think Rokkor 58/1.2 - but not sure about that. Have too look into my notes.

symphonic wrote:
...Images taken with the Rokkor f1.2 seem a bit unusual to me, quite much of glow and vignetting. Did you shoot those wide open?


I like to add vignetting Smile
I have made a hood for my Rokkor that vignettes a bit, like that look more than the cleaner one.
http://www.4photos.de/camera-diy/minolta-rokkor-58-an-canon-eos.html

Not sure if the focus is 100% perfect there. Yes it was wide open, I like to use the Rokkor at 1.2 at sunny days. ISO 100, and shutter 1/2000-1/8000 Smile


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of great captures! Hard to select best, but rocks shots with Distagon and snowy mountains Samyang are my favorite.

But I don't like much Rokkor shots, too soft and artificial colors for my taste...


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
Lot of great captures! Hard to select best, but rocks shots with Distagon and snowy mountains Samyang are my favorite.

But I don't like much Rokkor shots, too soft and artificial colors for my taste...


+1 Exactly my opinion too.


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
Lot of great captures! Hard to select best, but rocks shots with Distagon and snowy mountains Samyang are my favorite.

But I don't like much Rokkor shots, too soft and artificial colors for my taste...


+1 Exactly my opinion too.


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use optical adapter for MD and FD lenses?

Great captures!


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samyang 14mm f/2.8 is very impressive!


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was a bit surprised by Attilas double post - didnt realized that they are from the same person by accident.

Yes these Rokkor 58/1.2 shots at bright daylight full open are somewhat soft.
Here a bit closed down:



For these images I love the colors - but I know they are a bit extreme.
Before I showed the new pages others, I asked a photo friend.


Karhallarn wrote:
Did you use optical adapter for MD and FD lenses?
...


No, I love to convert my lenses - the Canon FD300/2.8L, 85/1.2L and Minolta Rokkor 58/1.2 were all converted to EF mount - like some others as well:
http://www.4photos.de/camera-diy/Photo-DIY.html


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice series V
which lens did you used for my favs
..


Yes, first FD 300/2.8L ans second Minolta Rokkor 58/1.2.


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really funny effect with the Trioplan Smile
My favourites are the first two takes, great composition in the first one, that Samyang 14mm gives excellent contrast, I would have probably stopped down to f/8 to improve on corners
Lovely colours of the rocks in the Distagon picture (#2)

I agree with others that the ROkkor is best stopped down - mostly because the other photos focused to infinity or far away are well stopped down, so wide open does not "match" in the album if you know what I mean - except of course when focus is on a near subject, but that is another type of photo.


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty!!!!!


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:
Beauty!!!!!


I agree....


PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pictures

I hope you had a pleasant stay Wink


PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Really funny effect with the Trioplan Smile ...

Yes, the drops or other reflex points are at very different distances - because of that the very different size of the bokeh.

And now a friend of mine want to test the lens some weeks or even months. After I have declared it as one of my most loved and used lenses.
Worst think that she wants the Rokkor 58 too - my other of the most loeved lenses. And the friend is a "she" so I have to give her the lenses.

Orio wrote:
...
that Samyang 14mm gives excellent contrast, I would have probably stopped down to f/8 to improve on corners
...


I think that was stopped down to 5.6 or even 8. The Samyang 14 had some mechanical problems, have to look after it :-/
Borders are mostly not sharp.

Orio wrote:
...
I agree with others that the ROkkor is best stopped down - mostly because the other photos focused to infinity or far away are well stopped down, so wide open does not "match" in the album if you know what I mean ...


Yes, I agree that those Rokkor 58/1.2 far images have a very different look - and I know before that not everyone will like it. That one friend of mine liked it - like me. So I am not the only one who likes that look.
But I think about to take all these images together, to seperate them a bit from the more "normal" pictures.

Thanks for all comments!

Nordentro, our stay in Norway was very pleasent. Love your country. It is very pleasent to travel in a country where most people can communicat in English. We loved the great scenery there.
A question to you: We had a 40km/hours average speed (I do not know when time measurement of the Fiat Ducato caravan stopps - we had some stops on pass-by borders with running engine to give our 3years old child something..). And we climbed some small steep streets to Hardangervidda or the Folgefonna glacier.

At which average speed travel Norwegian drivers through these small fjord streets?


PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trioplan...really nice effect.
It looks like a really nice place to visit and shoot.


PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:


Nordentro, our stay in Norway was very pleasent. Love your country. It is very pleasent to travel in a country where most people can communicat in English. We loved the great scenery there.
A question to you: We had a 40km/hours average speed (I do not know when time measurement of the Fiat Ducato caravan stopps - we had some stops on pass-by borders with running engine to give our 3years old child something..). And we climbed some small steep streets to Hardangervidda or the Folgefonna glacier.

At which average speed travel Norwegian drivers through these small fjord streets?


Ha ha, well... My average speed is 67 km/h, but i live 200 kilometer north of Oslo and the roads are better on the east side of the country.

It's easier to build decent roads where you don't have 1500 meter mountains straight up from the sea. Still, people on the west cost are used to curvy and narrow roads and I guess they could drive pretty fast if they want Wink