Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Um, what did I just buy?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Um, what did I just buy? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I got this Vivitar off eBay before I had the chance to ask the seller about the fit. (Not that it helped -- he had no idea.)

I really haven't a clue, but I am pretty sure the damned thing won't sit nicely on my Nikons. Judging by the serial number it is a Kiron (Kino)? The next digits tell me the year and week of its manufacture, which, at 000, would point to a calendar unknown to me (and most likely the majority of Earthlings).

Oh well, unless the shipping'll cost me an arm and a leg, that twenty won't kill me.

So--almost forgot!--I believe some of you could help me out? Are you able to tell which make the lens will fit? And what's with the year and week of its manufacture? Is this one of the lenses made after Vivitar lost its former glory?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Um, what did I just buy? Reply with quote

rvlvr wrote:
Hi all,

I got this Vivitar off eBay before I had the chance to ask the seller about the fit. (Not that it helped -- he had no idea.)

I really haven't a clue, but I am pretty sure the damned thing won't sit nicely on my Nikons. Judging by the serial number it is a Kiron (Kino)? The next digits tell me the year and week of its manufacture, which, at 000, would point to a calendar unknown to me (and most likely the majority of Earthlings).

Oh well, unless the shipping'll cost me an arm and a leg, that twenty won't kill me.

So--almost forgot!--I believe some of you could help me out? Are you able to tell which make the lens will fit? And what's with the year and week of its manufacture? Is this one of the lenses made after Vivitar lost its former glory?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens come with Minolta MD mount that means unusable on your Nikon. I had a variant with interchangeable TX mount if you are lucky this lens has also , but I am unsure I see no evidence on pictures.

This has interchangeable TX mount.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_200mm_f3_5_tx/

This has fixed mount.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_200mm/

None of them made by Kiron.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This lens come with Minolta MD mount that means unusable on your Nikon. I had a variant with interchangeable TX mount if you are lucky this lens has also , but I am unsure I see no evidence on pictures.

Thank you, Attila.

I will find that out when the package arrives.