Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two portraits with the Jupiter-11
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Two portraits with the Jupiter-11 Reply with quote

Since besides my Nikon cameras I also own a Zorki-4, I ordered a Jupiter-11 with 39mm-mount over Ebay Germany from a seller in Saint Petersburg. His name is ' calicurg', his shop-homepage is here:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/calicurg__W0QQ_armrsZ1

He was as quick as possible, the lense arrived in its original bakelite container with both caps in very good condition, so I think, I can safely recommend him.The lense has a red 'p' in Russian and the sign of the KMZ. Since it is the 39mm-version, I still can't make a full portrait of head and shoulders with it, if I put it in front of the D700, but it is already more than with the Jupiter-9.

I took a few pictures of collegues/friends, and here are two of them:
My friend Heinz is already known from another picture I took with the Nikon Noct, my collegue Kati didn't want to be photographed at all, and when she bent her head down, I told her, I could see a bald patch (which of course she doesn't have) , so she put her hands in front, which makes a nice contrast to her reddish hair. The pictures are not sharpened, and I'm amazed (again) by the picture quality of a Jupiter lense.

Both shot @f 4 , ISO 320

Last edited by madamasu on Mon May 18, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like your copy is excellent.
I'm curious. Can the lens cel be removed from the LTM helicoid as it can be with some Leitz LTM lenses?
I have a Hector 135 that can come apart in this way to mount onto a bellows for focusing.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madamasu
We seem to be revisitng a lot of russian glass lately - which is a good thing. The Jup is another fine example

@Andy

I have a Steinheil that does that too

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

Quote:
I'm curious. Can the lens cel be removed from the LTM helicoid as it can be with some Leitz LTM lenses?
I have a Hector 135 that can come apart in this way to mount onto a bellows for focusing.

Frankly said, I have no idea and will not try it, because I don't know, if I can put it together again. I'm pretty clumsy and a sledgehammer is an instrument that suits me well. Laughing