Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying out the Agfa Vista 200 - New shots added
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to do that Excalibur, I see not much difference at all between sharpened and unsharpened. I wonder if there are rolls from different production lines, ie: C200 and Superior, making it into the Vista packaging, as your roll seems to have quite pronounced grain compared to mine. My rolls are all 24 shots and I am guessing it is different stock to the 36 shot rolls.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to do that Excalibur, I see not much difference at all between sharpened and unsharpened. I wonder if there are rolls from different production lines, ie: C200 and Superior, making it into the Vista packaging, as your roll seems to have quite pronounced grain compared to mine. My rolls are all 24 shots and I am guessing it is different stock to the 36 shot rolls.

Well I was wondering if Fuji had old film stock to get rid of and thought the "hope" on the plastic canister bottom might be a clue to it date. But for me this agfa is a problem on both scanners as for the easier 4180 scan I then found it difficult to change the yellow wheat to straw colour in Photoshop without upsetting all the other colours Shocked
Anyway the next Agfa roll is going to Asda and I'll see from these extra results if Agfa is for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using some of my favourite lenses, I have a further puzzle as a supermarket produced better results with dev and scan on another agfa film and eliminated the suspicion that the film is crap. Still to come are the same shots with Canon lenses on superia 200asa, but I'll give the thumbs up for this film at £1 a roll for 36exp and probably get about 30 rolls for testing lenses and backup when I can't use Reala or Superia

Hex28mm 2nd roll of Agfa

Hexanon 40mm 2nd agfa vista

Pano from either Hex 28mm or 40mm, agfa vista

Hexanon 28mm 2nd asta vista

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unbelievable! The difference is amazing.

ps: someone told me that Morrisons are selling "Fuji 400" at 99p! That was about a week ago, so may no longer be current.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
That's unbelievable! The difference is amazing.

ps: someone told me that Morrisons are selling "Fuji 400" at 99p! That was about a week ago, so may no longer be current.

Handy to know thanks....but how can two scanners give crap results in the previous posts....well my first guess is: it must be old dev or fixer used at the shop and that confused both Epson scanners.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked in my local Morrisons and was amazed they still dev film (but once a week) anyway they have fuji superia 400asa for £1.48 sounds reasonable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon 35mm f2.8 superia 200 film, well in comparing I would say Agfa is at least equal to 2007 expired superia 200

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Using some of my favourite lenses, I have a further puzzle as a supermarket produced better results with dev and scan on another agfa film and eliminated the suspicion that the film is crap. Still to come are the same shots with Canon lenses on superia 200asa, but I'll give the thumbs up for this film at £1 a roll for 36exp and probably get about 30 rolls for testing lenses and backup when I can't use Reala or Superia

Hex28mm 2nd roll of Agfa

Hexanon 40mm 2nd agfa vista

Pano from either Hex 28mm or 40mm, agfa vista

Hexanon 28mm 2nd asta vista

These are superb. Very natural colours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Superior and the Vista aren't far apart in quality. Maybe there is a reason for that. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***These are superb. Very natural colours.***

Well if any film user in any country can get Agfa vista 36 exp for £1, it's very good value.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Laughing

I've just seen another clue about this Agfa film:- on the bottom of the plastic film container is stamped "hope"

I had another, closer look at the bottom of the container and realised it said "HDPE". If you g**gle it like I did you might get a chuckle. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Laughing

I've just seen another clue about this Agfa film:- on the bottom of the plastic film container is stamped "hope"

I had another, closer look at the bottom of the container and realised it said "HDPE". If you g**gle it like I did you might get a chuckle. Wink

Laughing You learn something every day.