Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Truly, a lens with great character :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Truly, a lens with great character :) Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steinheil-Munchen-Auto-Tele-Quinar-f3-5-135mm-Lens-Exakta-Mount-w-case-/321361730235?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item4ad2a6dabb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of seeing a thread (irc) showing polished chrome versions of some forum classics where the seller had rubbed off the black paint lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone tried 'paint' this chrome lens black.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fool uglified a beautiful lens.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of a lens I've seen on eBay lately, an old Takumar, where someone appears to have removed some of the barrel paint (it actually looks good) and is calling the lens a 'rare Takumar zebra.'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Reminds me of a lens I've seen on eBay lately, an old Takumar, where someone appears to have removed some of the barrel paint (it actually looks good) and is calling the lens a 'rare Takumar zebra.'

So rare in fact, that he had several for sale, ha ha ha
There's a sucker out there born every minute or, as Attlla likes to put it (I just love this saying): "The mother of idiots is always pregnant" Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would clean up easily enough with a little paint remover applied with a brush, then a polish.