Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tricky to change focusing screen on a 600D?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Tricky to change focusing screen on a 600D? Reply with quote

Is there anyone who has managed to change
focusing screen on a Canon EOS 600D? Was it tricky?
I think about getting the "double 45 degree
split image" type.

Are other sources than eBay/China available?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved and changed the screen in my 550d. After a few orders that ended in the supplier being out of stock (tho one sent me a free charger and a battery as compensation) I got two screens in my mail for some reason. The travor screen I had earlier was a single 45 but did not work very well and messed up metering a lot, so I changed back. This time I got some other brand, probably no-name but it was not the same as travor. Both the focusing screens were so far off it would be hard to shim comfortably. I did however manage to clean my original screen, so all is well that ends well. Tho I have spent enough money on Chinese focusing screens that I can't use now that I could have gotten a katzeye by now.

Installing the travor was simple only you figure out the physics off it, the new ones did not fit quite as well. I prefer whole circle microprism focus screens, the split image ones make it almost harder to focus say on the eyes when using digital.

I would probably order a cheap one and install it, maybe you like it, maybe you won't. So be careful with your original but it's worth a shot I guess. But I don't think travor makes double 45 degree ones, and don't get those. At least my first screen was spot on.

Sorry if the text is a bit jumbled, I'm writing it on my phone and have no real overview of what I'm writing.