Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Treating fungus with UV stunning finding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this device for my lens, but I did wonder how depth UV light actually penetrates the glass.
http://www.cpu.com.tw/kh/home/uv/suv-7.html
http://leadtech-electronic.com/05suv7.html

Burton Germ Odor Sweeper UV sterilizers
use the most advanced technology to manufacture cold cathode UV Lamp UV
can effectively kill bacteria in a short time, and can release small amounts of ozone
deodorizing ability of more efficient energy-saving and durable.
Ergonomic design, easy grip mention smoothly.
With a time 10 seconds / 30 seconds / 5 minutes and the manual switch.
Use DC9V alkaline batteries, such as sterilization approximately 10 seconds each time about 500-720 times. Especially for E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella bacteria to provide the best results SGS Laboratory experiments show that: use the UV germicidal lamp, can in 10 seconds sterilization rate of 99% or more accessories: dust cover, 9V battery, instruction manual Size: 84 (W) x 93 (H) x 30.5 (D) mm / 90g

However, this devise does generate Ozone, which if keep in a sealed bag may help to sterilize the lens. However, I have no proof of this.

What about the UV treatment used by salons?
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

Looks far more effective than these sweeper sterilizers - by specs it should do on the parts, if you disassembled the lens beforehand. To repeat myself, I doubt that exterior UV and ozone exposure can be effective inside a lens - the latter being a well-sealed container made of UV blocking glass and metal...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how this tanning bed treatment would work on a lens with haze?
I have a lovely little lens, but then hate the haze... Sad

thanks for any thoughts Smile

The lens is Tamron Adaptall-2 35-70mm F/3.5 Model 17A

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
stingOM wrote:

Looks far more effective than these sweeper sterilizers - by specs it should do on the parts, if you disassembled the lens beforehand. To repeat myself, I doubt that exterior UV and ozone exposure can be effective inside a lens - the latter being a well-sealed container made of UV blocking glass and metal...

Then why does exposure to UV clear thorium yellowing? Perhaps the longer UV wavelengths do get inside?