Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Transportation Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare car for around here. '57 Chevrolet Bel Air Tudor hard-top.
O.C. Nikkor 35mm F2 at f5.6 on D-810

Pre-pandemic Schwinn Suspend. My daily transport. It looks a bit different now, it is still continuing to evolve into what I want it to be.
Nikkor S auto 35mm f2.8 at f5.6 on D-810

'59 Plymouth Fury ll Tudor hard-top.
"K" nikkor 50mm f2 at f5.6, D-200.

Heavily modified Mercury, most likely very early '50's.
Nikkor 50mm f.14 at f5.6 on D-810

'53 Chevrolet 1/2 ton pick-up.
Series "E" nikon 100mm f2.8 at f5.6, D-810.

I have a lot of this stuff in my files. The majority of these were taken with either the D-200, or D-810.
-D.S.

Last edited by Doc Sharptail on Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MG TC, Olympus OMD E-M1, Kodak Cine Anastigmat 50mm 1.6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MC Rokkor 50mm f1.4, Minolta SR-T101b, Fuji 400.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'37 Chev coupe taken with 35-105 f3.5-4.5 A/I-s nikkor- probably f 5.6 and about 50mm here.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken using D2X with Bikini 1000mm f/11 mirror lens (manual focus).

Taken Fuji S2 Pro.

Last edited by Vintage_Photographer on Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Shocked!

Just the species-appropriate way to move a rallye car through a corner. Though I like the new kick of electric, especially sound-wise.

https://youtu.be/qzHWHjcTIw8?t=30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Shocked!

Just the species-appropriate way to move a rallye car through a corner. Though I like the new kick of electric, especially sound-wise.

https://youtu.be/qzHWHjcTIw8?t=30

OT, but those EV electromotors just sound wrong.

This is what a proper electromotor sounds like: https://youtu.be/fNuI6keQXYA Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a local car show... Attendance here with classic vehicles is way down due to road construction outside the venue.

All with O.C. Nikkor 35mm f2 at f8.

'48 Chev "STYLEMASTER". Car is not quite complete- it lacks the plating around the front wind shields.

There's your erstwhile photog in reflection over the rocket-ship styled nameplate.
I'm not that he-man shaped at all. The curvature of the car's bodywork gives funhouse reflections.

Quartered rear view here. The empty lot in the background is normally full of old cars on a Sunday afternoon.

S/S Camaro. The rear gills suggest a '68, IIRC.
Not a 396- those came with their own badging.
Air intakes in the hood suggest a small block 4bbl.

'64 Olds Ninety Eight.
I like this car the best of any that were there.

There was an early Austin-Healey Sprite that I could not get near enough to photograph properly.
Big crowds around that little car made clear images an impossibility.

-D.S.

Last edited by Doc Sharptail on Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice cars Doc Sharptail! There was also a car show in my area this weekend, but the weather was bad and when I went there on Sunday afternoon, most people had already left or were leaving. Although there was a car parked inside, near the food stands, which happens to be the most beautiful rolling art piece I've ever seen, a 66' Shelby Mustang G.T.350H.

I had my Sony A9 and several Rokkors with me, including my newly acquired MD 20mm/2.8 ( I'll have to post about this one in the "what are the best bargains you have found" thread ). But as the lighting conditions were not the brightest, I took the first pic with my MC W.Rokkor-HH 35mm/1.8, and then I figured it was a good opportunity to use a lens from the same era as the car, the MC Rokkor-PG 58mm/1.2, for some close-ups.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury "Eight". I think it's a '45 or 46, from before the post-war Ford re-tooling.

They knew a thing or two about body style...

Ford Thunderbird, likely a '59 by the tail lights. I had the same tail lights on my first car- a '62 Ford sedan that was pretty non-descript, except for the slight rear fins and rocket tail-lamps.

Canadian market Ford Fairlane Victoria, likely a '59.

I couldn't get into the rear to look for a "500" designation- a bit crowded back there.

Badly over-exposed shot of another Canadian market car '58 Mercury Meteor Rideau 500.
The car moved off before I could get a properly compensated shot. Photographer error on the metering system- it was set to tight spot mode.

-D.S.