Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TOZ-500 500mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: TOZ-500 500mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

So I was just randomly browsing another forum when I ran into a post of someone jokingly saying "Rate my street setup" and posting this

This monster is a fast, long telephoto mirror lens for M39, first made in 1960 (http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1060.html)
Anyone here crazy enough actually owns this? Or does somebody at least know where I could see sample images? The fact that this even exists greatly intrigues me as I love unusual lenses, especially when they're vintage.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ... I wish!

The camera on the back is an early Zenit, judging by the prism housing, so that would correspond to the 39mm thread mount, albeit not Leica/FED/Zorki rangefinder.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect for discreet street photography. Just strengthen your shirt pocket a bit. And there are specials on offer for newbees in most bodybuilding fitness centres...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Another crazy Russian mirror lens to seek out.